Chapter 9: A Half-Breed meets a Watcher

A/n: I'm adding my own twist onto the story. So some parts may be different and new, this goes for this part in itself, and a little story that the Watcher will tell.

3rd POV

The young looking girl stared at the man in front of her. She was curious about him, even more so by his name.

"The Abyss Watcher? What kind of name is that?" She asked

"It's more of a title then anything else. I've no need for a name. My duty is the only thing that really matters" he told her, but it continued to confuse her.

She was going to ask more questions, but the views and eyes of the people around her started to disgust her.

"Shall we go somewhere else? I wouldn't mind grabbing a bite to eat somewhere private, would you like to come with me? It'll be my treat." He offered.

It was tempting. It's not like I wasn't hungry, but I didn't know him. He was mysterious, and it was offsetting. I could probably still beat him without my equipment, and it wouldn't hurt to learn more about him, I wanted to know why? Why can't I sense him? Even when he stands right in front of me?

He seemed oddly strong, yet holding back. I can't exactly gauge his strength, but I guess I'm just a little on edge by his lack of presence.

"I-!"

Right after I started, I stopped and sighed. T seems that those guys are catching up. Can't catch a break around here, can I?

"Oh? Are the ones coming in this direction quickly friends of yours? Or just people you'd rather not see?"

I was surprised he was able to determine what was happening so quickly. He even stared in the direction that they were coming from.

"The latter" I told him, and he nodded.

"Then let's get moving!"

He grabbed my hand and started a light jog. I didn't like it when people touched me, but...what is this cold feeling that feels so...satisfying? Familiar? Warm?

It was hard to tell. But he pulled me along until I started to run myself, being at his side.

Might as well test him a little!

I started to get a little serious, and started to speed up. But I wasn't surprised that he was able to keep up.

There were many stares as we sped along the streets, moving faster then the horses could.

Let's see how much you can actually do!

I started running at full speed. At this point our pursuers were long since lost. They had no chance of actually catching us.

I was like a blur that moved throughout the capital. Taking different and random turns around the streets, going through some ally's, and even jumping from rooftop to rooftop from time to time.

...Just how?

Not only was he still keeping up with me, he even proceeded to go ahead of me.

I know I don't have my equipment, but this is just ridiculous...

I felt as if I was issued a challenge, and so I tried to go past him. But he wouldn't make it that easy for me. He sped up just a tiny bit every time I approached him from behind. I was considering just using magic to blast him from out of the sky, but decided against it in the end.

"Here looks like a good place," everything was so sudden after his words. I was lost in thought, and we were falling to the ground from one of the rooftops.