Chapter 12: A Legend Echoes

3rd POV

The lord of Nazarick stood atop the recently constructed tower for the archer that would take aim at anyone by hearing a mere word from him.

"Are you sure about this, Yn?" Gough asked, still a little bit uncomfortable by calling his creator by name, but he did enjoy it.

Though the idea that his lord had was...extreme.

"Of course. You won't have to worry about me, as you know, I am quite tough. Something of this caliber shouldn't hurt me," he assured the giant. "Besides, we must take care of that dragon at some point. I am not comfortable with it being around our home."

The dragon, Kalameet, had been circling the tomb for quite some time now, but it was unknown if it could see through the illusion that hid the tower. For all, they knew this could simply be it's hunting grounds. It was quite the distance away from the nearest humans, and if things were the same as Yggdrasil, then dragons usually feasted on other monsters.

But with even Gough unable to appraise its level, it was either high-leveled or had a skill that allowed it to hide its strength.

"Plus, we might as well have some fun while we're at it. Wouldn't you agree?" Yn looked over at the giant with a smile.

"Certainly. Dragon hunting is the highest of honors for a knight. But being able to aid you in your hunt is an even greater one," he complimented.

"You might see it that way, but this is also a test," Yn told him. "We need to know how the dragons here compare to the ones back in our own world, after all, they were some of the most powerful beings."

"But not in the face of death, such as you and the other supreme beings," Gough jumped in, but it only made Yn laugh happily.

"Please, Gough, you're going to embarrass me!"

It was a nice and light atmosphere between them, even with the fight only minutes away. But this also brought up a topic that Yn would have liked to avoid.

"What are you to do about Ciaran and Sif?"

He visibly flinched at that question, a bit of sweat running down his forehead at the thought of what was to come.

"You are here, and you switched places with another being of your own creation, did you not?" Gough questioned. "Yet neither Sif, Ciaran or Narberal are able to discern that it is not you. When they find out, they will be quite upset with you."

Having ordered everyone in Nazarick to not mention that he was here, the three with Artorias would not realize his whereabouts and would continue their mission without any obstructions.

All of the other guardians were extraordinarily surprised by this, a being capable of tricking two, level one hundred beings was unheard of. But they could not object, for it was for Yn's sake.

Such guardians as Demiurge, Cocytus, and Gough were happy since it meant Yn would remain in Nazarick, the place he would be the safest, surrounded by those loyal to him and no unknown threats.

But Albedo was more than willing to convince anyone that wanted to refuse with a very surprising determination.

"It'll be fine. I'll burn that bridge when I get to it," he stated with a sigh. "So for now, make sure everyone doesn't speak a word of it when they return. I'd like it to be kept under wraps."

"Understood. But don't you mean 'Cross that bridge'?" Gough asked with a tilt of his head in confusion.

"Did I stutter?" Yn cocked an eyebrow.