[32]

Piper sat in the nursery with Naomi in her arms. She had been crying all night and won't stop. Nalani was still peacefully sleeping.

"You want me to take over?"Josh asked while rubbing his eyes.

"It's okay. I think she's about to fall asleep. I've fed her already and changed her diaper, so nothing should be wrong anymore"Piper looked down at her.

"Who do you think she looks like?"Josh asked and sat down on the floor next to the rocking chair.

"I can't really tell yet"Piper shook her head.

A huge gasp came from Nalani's crib and soon followed by cries. Josh chuckled and stood up. He grabbed her from the crib.

"It's okay, daddy's here"Josh cooed while rocking back and forth. "Imma take her in our room so Naomi won't get upset"

Piper nodded. Josh walked out of the room while rocking his daughter.

"Somewhere, over the rainbow"Piper softly sung. "Way up high. There's a land that I heard of, once in a lullaby"

Naomi eyes soon got heavy and within minutes, she was out like a light. Piper stood up and placed her in the crib. She walked out the nursery and went to Aaliyah's room to check on her.

"Did the twins wake you?"Piper asked.

Aaliyah nodded. "Can I sleep with you and Daddy? I'm scared"

"Yeah baby come on"Piper smiled. Aaliyah hopped out of bed and ran into their room. She hopped on the bed and smiled.

"Don't make a lot of noise Lili"Piper laughed.

Josh fell asleep with Nalani on him. Piper giggled and picked up the small infant. She went to the nursery and put her in the crib.

She closed the door behind her and went back to the nursery.

***

"August Alsina was caught with another girl last night. The question is, will Aubrey and August remain together after this"

"The fuck is wrong with his ass"Aubrey exclaimed. "I'm stupid enough to take his no good ass back and all he does is cheat"

"Maybe you should just get a divorce mom. I'm sick and tired of you getting worked up over this man"Payton suggested.

Piper sat in the back yard playing with Aaron.

"So, how are you and Josh?"He mumbled while texting away on his phone.

"Good"Piper chuckled. "Why do you ask?"

"Just wondering"

It was a long pause between them. Piper stood up and pulled Aaron up with her. "Let's go on a walk"

Aaron nodded. The two walked to the front and began walking down the street.

"I just want to let you know that everything's gonna be okay"Piper started. "I know August and mom are having there differences, but things will get better"

"I don't want them to separate Pip"Aaron sighed and stopped on the sidewalk. The two sat down.

Piper rubbed his back not knowing what to say. She was more than ready for her mom to leave August, but she didn't want to say that in front of Aaron.

"It's a hard time that mom is going thro-"

"I know that"Aaron nodded. "And it makes me so angry that my dad could do those things to her. Who would do that to her? Mom is beautiful"

"She is"Piper nodded. "But some men don't understand what they have until it's gone. I just want to make sure that you know that's not how you treat a girl"

"Trust me, I would never"Aaron shook his head.

It was a pause between the two.

"It just gets scary"Aaron sighed.

"What do you mean?"Piper questioned.

"When they argue. It gets so loud that I cry Piper"Aaron sniffed. "I hate seeing them that angry. It really does scare me"

Piper brought Aaron into a hug.

"If that ever happens again, call me immediately. I will come and pick you guys up. Y'all don't deserve to hear that"

"Can I come with you now?"Aaron questioned. Piper stared down at her little brother in deep thought.

"Yeah of course"Piper stood up. "Let's go back and get your stuff packed"

***

"I hope you don't mind Josh, but Aaron wants to stay with us for tonight. My mom and August had been having problems a-"

"It's totally fine"Josh nodded. "I understand, he can stay as long as he wants and whenever he wants"

"Cool"