Chapter 1

~Nicolette

What did i do to deserve this? Why can't our family be rich? Why can't we have wealth like Chloe does? She doesn't have to work. Not even babysit.

There's one thing i hate most, and that's babysitting. All you have to do is look after brats who can't even switch on their own tv. The worst thing is that after all those hard work, their parents would only pay you at most $10. A whole day is worth $10? Dissapointing but i had to do it. I need spare money for my own leisure. I hate the fact that I'm dependent on my parents money, the ones they won from a disgusting bet.

Tonight, I'll be babysitting the least brattiest kid among the five I took care of. Well, he isn't exactly a kid but a teenager in my school. He's actually a year older than me. I had no idea how our moms could trust us to be alone in a house together. I asked his mom a couple of times, but the same answer applies; "He just needs a friend to keep him accompany.".

I knocked on the door right on time. Seconds later, Aunt Shimally came out with her formal work attire. You see, Aunt Shimally works in the factory at the far north and she could only return home the next day, leaving her son alone without any companion. Aunt Shimally's husband died in an aeroplane because of his sudden heart attack. Both of them lived together alone ever since.

She greeted me with her usual polite smile and said that Carter was in taking a shower. With that, she gave me the house keys and left for her car.

I entered the house and plopped on the sofa in the living room, immediately retrieving my new book. I have read at least three chapters before i heard the bathroom door open and closed. I waited patiently for Carter to emerge but instead, a huge grey husky appeared.

I sat in the sofa frozen. I've been terribly afraid of dogs. Especially the big ones.

The husky appeared to be whining. I tried calling for it but it went into Carter's room.

I stood up slowly while calling out softly for the husky. I tiptoed my way to Carter's room before the room's door almost slammed onto my face. I reached out for the door knob, slowly twisting it anti clockwise and I pushed it forward to reveal a smirking Carter on his bed half naked.

He was wearing a track pants and nothing more.

@@@

The husky was nowhere to be found. The only living creatures in the room was me and Carter.

I'm not crazy. I know i saw that thing.

Carter sat up from his bed and came to a safe distance to me. I looked up to look at him. This time he had put on his glasses.

"Nic? Are you okay? You seem off. " Carter asked.

"Yeah. I.. I.. I'm okay. It's just that I thought I saw a husky running into your room just now." I explained.

"Oh, you mean this?"

As soon as he said that, the same grey husky was standing on all fours while staring at me. I wasn't going to scream but this is really creeping me out. I'm not gonna scream. I'm not gonna scream. I'm not gonna-

"Nicolette? It's me, Carter. This may seem weird but.. hold on. I think it's better if i talk to you in my human form."

He changes into a human; Carter.

"So to cut it short, I'm a werewolf."

Everything's gotten blurry the next moment.

@@@

So let's get things straight here. The 17 year old kid from my school, the one which I'm babysitting or should i say accompanying with pay is actually a real life werewolf. A werewolf with fangs, with a fluffy tail, with claws, with a huge appetite, this is so not helping the situation.

Carter sat on the swivel chair on the end of his room. He knows that I'm still digesting all the information that i have just received.

"I'm sorry. I just thought that I've known you for quite sometime and you seem like a perfect someone to spill my secret to. I'm sorry. I didn't think that it would have impacted you this much. I mean, I've seen you watch Twilight and all. You seem to enjoy them but I'm quite confused why you weren't reacting the same."

"You're an idiot." I muttered.