Chapter 4

I couldn't concentrate. I don't even know what the teacher is babbling about. Now I'm in calculus. Thank god it's the last period.

Throughout the whole day in school, I have been worrying about how Carter would react due to yesterday's incident.

"Class dismissed!" Miss Helen brought me back to reality. Free at last, I thought to myself. I shoved my Calculus textbook into my bag and rushed towards my locker as fast as I could.

Once I reached my locker, I was shocked to find Carter leaning against the lockers with a serious expression plastered onto his face.

Without realizing what was happening, Carter grabbed my wrist and dragged me out of the school. He stopped at the passenger seat of his car and ordered me to get in. I hesitated.

"Just get in will you." He told me as he opened the car door for me.

I made my way into the car and sent him a glare.

@@@@@@@@@@@@@

The drive to his house took about 10 minutes. Once we reached, he got out of the car and slammed the door shut. I did the same thing as him and made my way into his house to find Mrs Shimally talking to Carter.

"Why are you here early Nicolette? " Mrs shimally asked as she furrowed her eyebrows together.

But before I could answer, Carter answered.

"She's here because I want to spend time with my new girlfriend," he told her which caused my jaw to drop.

Initially Mrs Shimally was shocked, but her frown turned into a knowing smile. The next thing i know, she was winking at me.

Why in the world would Carter tell his sweet dear mother that? He has a lot of explaining to do.

I violently turned my head to Carter and gave him a harsh questioning look. Carter seemed to notice it, but his mother didn't.

As if on cue, Carter excused us. He grabbed my wrist once more and dragged me into his room.

As soon as we were in his familliar room, Carter closed the door allowing me to complain about my wrist.

"Sheesh! Do you seriously have to grab me that hard? I mean, you could dislocate my wrist. Or worst, my veins would disconnect." I blabbered on.

The next thing that happened was that Carter grabbed my shoulders. He stared at me intensely with that emotionless but attractive face. I could break down any moment.

"Ca-Carter? Whatcha doing?" I immitated Isabella from Phineas and Ferb nervously.

He grunted. He was still staring at me intensely. Finally he spoke.

"Where did you go yesterday?" He asked hoarsely.

"I-i-i went to the grocery store but then i met Nathan." Then i was interrupted.

"So that's why you ditched me? To go on a date with your boyfriend?" He accused.

"I didn-" I was interrupted once more.

"Bullshit!" As soon as he said that, i had no choice but to slap him.

I was mad. The least he could do was listen to my explaination.

His palm was on his cheek. Slowly caressing it.

I took a deep breath.

"The only reason i was with Nathan was because he dragged me. He wasn't the prince charming every girl wanted to have. Instead, he seemed the opposite. I tried effortlessly to get away from him, but somehow he would get to me. I was gonna tell you in school but seeing how it all turned out, you forced it from me." Then I opened the door and went downstairs.