Chapter 3

Next day –

Kritika sleep got disturb by her alarms. In Singapore, she always wakes up at 6 a.m. So, with not so much difficulties she wakes up and goes to freshen up. She wore her T-shirt, jogging and then her basket, now she was set to run.

She comes downstairs and she sees Nani and Mami who was preparing the puja so that when everyone is up they can conduct the prayer. She smiles at them and come to them.

Kritika – Hello Nani/Mami

Mami – Hello Kriti bitiya, up at this time? (looking at her dress) where are you going like that?

Kritika – I'm going for some wedding

Nani and Kritika smiles seeing Mami's face.

Nani – Obviously she is going out for her daily jog. (Turning to Kritika) Do you think you will be there before the puja start?

Kritika – Yes I will! Don't worry I will not run to far just a block or two.

Mami – Why are you running... you are fit and beautiful

Kritika – It's because I have to stay fit and fine (she winks at them).

Mami – Haan wo toh hai (Yeah that's true) be careful

She nods... Kritika takes her phone out and start running with music. It was almost one-half hour she is running and still she is not able to stop herself. She wants to continue but she also knows how Nani loves having everyone during the prayer times. She doesn't want to upset her so, she's retracing her steps and goes back to Raizada mansion. She is not watching her moves and bump into someone, before she falls a strong arm held her and she opens her eyes.

She sees him very near her, he sweats, and drops find their way on his face to hers. She blinks, she wants to hold his face since a long time but then reality strike her and compose herself.

Kritika – I'm sorry I..

Arnav – It's ok! After all you wants the same no?

Kritika frowns – Means?

Arnav – Since when did you start running? Today? You know at which time I goes for my jogging hai na? and you thought it would be nice? You cannot trap me Ms. Kritika Singhania!

Kritika smile bitterly, each word pricks her heart as always, but she doesn't let her emotion rules over her.

Kritika – I've better work than making you fall for me Mr. Singh Raizada. Once a time, I would do everything to make you mine BUT this is past. Anyways, thank you for saving me from falling. Next time and hope not, let me fall it's better to fall downstairs than being caught by you.

Kritika goes inside, she needs a shower badly. Arnav clench his jaw. He, himself doesn't know why he is acting like this with her and how dare she to talk to him like that. But why her words are affecting him, he never acknowledges her so why now? He brushes his thought and goes to his room for a shower.

He noticed, since she came she never tries talk to him, she never said his name, she was different BUT again why he is thinking about her. She meant nothing then and she also means nothing to him now. She is just Anjali best friend that's all, he tries to convince himself.

At the Puja –

Nani conduct the prayer, and everyone close their eyes and after that she distributes prasad (offerings).

Kritika is still closing her eyes, she prays that she can forgets her past and move on like her father wants. Nani shakes her and she opens her eyes, she smiles at Nani and take the prasad.
Aakash and Payal meets her. Like she was closed to Anjali, she was also with Aakash.