Chapter 14: Hana vs Mina

"Boss. You sure she's here? No one really stands in your description as 'Someone who glows'"

"Shut up and continue watching. She's being careful. She knows. I have a new description so keep your eyes wide open"

"Noted"

~•~•~•~

Hana's POV

After that vine girl and Iida's fight, the winner was Iida with his speed. Next up was Todoroki and Deku's battle.

"Remember, Todoroki. Don't be afraid or distracted. Goodluck" I said and he nodded without uttering a word. He got the message. I looked down and the tension was clear. As Present Mic announced the students on each side, Midnight started the battle. Todoroki attacked first and Deku immediately defended himself with a finger in 100% Smash.

"Smart... But reckless. Since he can't predict how powerful Todoroki's attacks will be, he immediately fired up a 100% Smash" I muttered to myself. The cold wind hit my face as I shivered slightly. It kept repeating over and over again until Deku's fingers turned purple. You would think Todoroki has the upperhand but no. His right side was freezing rapidly because he completely abandoned his left side.

My eyes widened in horror as I looled at the scene that is playing out. If this continues, neither of them could win and even if one of them did, they'll be too weak to proceed... Unless...

"SHOTO TODOROKI! USE YOUR LEFT SIDE!" Sorry Deku... But you gotta stop abusing your given quirk now. You gotta rest. Todoroki looked at me from the arena as I teared up slightly. Shit. The very sight of him like this is unbearable. Shivering from the cold, cold exhales, frozen body... It's awful. Same goes with Deku. Scratches and patches of wounds, purple fingers, determined passionate eyes... It was too much.

"IT'S YOUR POWER NOW, RIGHT?! USE IT YOUR WAY! USE YOUR LEFT SIDE HOW YOU WANT IT TO BE USED!" I yelled once again and his eyes widened. He realized it by now... But what I'm saying is true. He didn't ask for that power... But he got it... And now it was his decision whether to use it for good or evil.

And he did. His left side fire up, melting his frozen body parts, almost in good condition. Endeavor gave Todoroki praise after praise, compliment after compliment... But Todoroki ignored him.

"Masayoshi" he called out from below as I saw the little smirk on his face.

"Thank you" he said as Deku smiled and did a Smash as Todoroki uses his fire. In the end, there was a cement wall in the way, causing it to explode and create a massive explosion. I closed my eyes and protected myself from the dust and rocks that are coming at us. As soon as it was over, I saw Deku slammed against the wall, defeated and... Todoroki... With half of his outfit burnt. My face burned and I got a massive nosebleed. He.was.rip.

"OH MY GOSH, HANA ARE YOU OKAY?!" Mina asked and rushed towards me. I had blood running down my nose and a creepy idiotic smile on my face. Creepier than Kaminari but lower than Mineta.

"Y-yea... Totally fine" I said while giggling. Shit. Am I developing something for that half-half dude?

I stood up quickly and wiped the blood on my nose. I then calmed myself down with the help of Mina.

"You know... We're up next right?" I asked and she nodded. We bumped our fists together with a smile..

"Goodluck"

"You too"

As we parted ways, I bumped into Todoroki. Literally. I stumbled but quickly regained posture.

"What the-"

"Thank you for helping me win" he said and I almost got another nosebleed. He.was.literally.and.figuratively.rip.

"Y-yea no problem" I said and I heard him chuckle.

"Why are you so red?" he asked and I looked at him, fuming.

"I don't know! Why are you chuckling and smiling and smirking?!" I asked and he slammed his hands on each side of my head.

"Why? Do you like me doing those?" he teased and I didn't knew my face would get any redder.

"Wow. You reeeeeeaaaaaaally like slamming a person on the wall huh?" I managed to say and dodge his question.

"Only if that person is you" he said and that caused me to freak out inside. He chuckled and stopped pinning me to the goddamn wall.

"I'm just teasing you. Goodluck on your fight, Masayoshi. I'm excited to see your quirk" he said and walked away.

Dear Diary,

I am at a disadavantage today. Why? Because I'm fUCKING DISTRACTED. DAMN YOU, TODOROKI!!!!!!!

~•~•~•~

While the arena is being cleaned and fixed, I am calming myself down and trying to think rationally. Alright. Now is notbthe time for boys in mind. You have to focus. You can think about Todoroki afterwards.... Wait...

Why Todoroki? Can't I think of Kirishima or Kaminari instead? Shit.

I groaned and slapped myself. ALRIGHT, HANA! WE GOTTA THINK!

Anyways, Mina is really cheerful and laidback and the only thing that could straighten her up is when she's teaching people how to dance. I've been her friend but I don't even know her weaknesses. If one of her acids drip on me, I'm dead. I groaned and furrowed my eyebrows.

Looks like I'll be finishing this off by force.

~•~•~•~

"I know you're my friend but I won't go easy on you" she said cheerfully while stretching.

"Likewise" I simply stated, waiting for Midnight's cue.

"START!" Midnight said and Mina immediately started acid skating towards me. My eyes flickered yellow as an invisible light barrier blocked her path, making her bump into it and fall.

"What the-"

"WHAT IS THIS?! EVEN MINA ASHIDO CAN'T GET NEAR HER!!! WHAT QUIRK DOES YOUNG HANA MASAYOSHI POSSESS?!" Present Mic asked and the audience cheered. Mina tried to use her acid on whatever light barrier was there but instead melted nothing. Her eyes widened when she felt herself being pushed. She also noticed the large patch of shadow around me and when she looked up, she saw nothing.

I was sweating and was extremely dehydrated but I had to finish this quickly before Mina raises suspicions about my quirk. The walls pushed Mina out of bounds, making her land on her butt.

"Mina Ashido is out of bounds. Hana Masayoshi wins!" Midnight said as I fell on one knee while panting. The light I used came creeping back up to the largr shadow quickly that nobody noticed it. I sighed in relief as I walked towards Mina, giving her a hand.

"You're really powerful, Hana. I didn't even see you use your quirk! Literally!" she exclaimed and took my hand as I smiled.

"Thanks. You were fast too!" I said and we both went towards the arc. I then excused myself and drank loads of water before going up to the podium, watching Todoroki and Iida fight. In the end, Todoroki won when he froze Iida's mufflers.

I then widened my eyes at the next event. I'll be battling Todoroki.