A Change of Plans

Vanessa's POV:

I slid the fishnet stocking up my tan legs to my thigh and clipped them to the garter belt. I had gone out today to buy this lingerie set. It's red, of course, with lace and black details. Brooke is going to lose her mind when she sees it. I fasten my bra, adjust my breasts so they filled the cups just right, and looked at the clock. 5:15. Brooke will be home any minute. I make my way to the living room and lay down on the couch. Ten minutes pass, then fifteen, then twenty. Where was she? I was starting to worry so I grabbed my phone and was about to text her. I started to type, but I heard her keys jingle. I jumped up and walked to the end of the couch where I posed, putting myself on display. My girl was seconds away from a pleasant surprise. Then the door opened, and my jaw dropped. Brooke Lynn walked in, carrying a tiny human.

"BROOKE!" I said grabbing the nearest pillow trying to hide my scantily clad body, "Brooke! Why are-! What is-!?"

Brooke Lynn stood there, stunned, her eyes running up and down what parts of my body are showing.

"Huh?" She says snapping back to reality.

"Why are you holding a baby?" It wasn't just a baby, it was her 6-month-old baby brother, Graycen.

"We are babysitting this weekend, remember?" Brooke asked, confused.

"No, because you didn't tell me."
"Sure I did."

"No, you didn't. Because if you did, I wouldn't be standing here half freaking naked!" I quickly ran back to the bedroom to change as Brooke started to laugh. I swear she didn't tell me, but that's neither here nor there.
I returned to the living room a few minutes later in more appropriate clothing to find Brooke Lynn sitting on the couch with a happy, smiling baby bouncing on her knee. It was a cute sight; I couldn't help the smile that crept across my lips.

I sat next to her on the couch.

"Hi, Graycen!" I said smiling, which made him babble and smile.

I didn't really know what Brooke looked like as a baby, but I pictured her similarly to her baby brother. This is the first time we've watched him over night.

"Hi, wife." Brooke smiled.

Wife. That word still made my heart skip. We've been married now for about three months.

"Hello, wife." I smiled back. "So, we have a tiny human for the weekend huh?"

"Yeah, I swear I told you."
"You didn't but that's okay." I kiss her cheek. "Look's like we are playing house. Come here, big guy." I said reaching my hands out to the baby, and he leans into my grasp.

There's something about holding a baby that takes your stress away.
"Okay, well I'm going to set up his stuff in the spare room. Can you feed him? It's almost his bedtime."

"Yeah, babe." I get to the diaper bag and pull out an already made bottle and put the rest in the fridge.

I held the baby and watched him eat his bottle. His chubby little cheeks puffed out like a chipmunk. His eyes grew heavy and his belly grew full, so I took him to the spare room and Brooke got him ready for bed.

I watched from the doorway as my wife cradled her baby brother, bouncing him in her arms and singing as his eyes closed. She just knows what to do. I committed the sight to memory. She's going to make an amazing mom someday.