Chapter 4

A/N: The church (not likely a TV animation setting) was based off Malibu Presbyterian Church. I don't live in Malibu, but did my research. :) Once again, thanks to all of you readers.

The  Malibu Beach Club was just down a long curving street, closer to the  ocean

The Malibu Beach Club was just down a long curving street, closer to the ocean. The high ceiling and large glass window-walls gave the hall an open feel. Some round tables and a long rectangular one filled the room. Off to the side was a table of gifts for the couple, and on another, the sound system for the modern music playing at low volume.

A terrace with comfortable seating and small tables gave access to the beach. Those who hadn't chatted at the wedding made a point to over a variety of drinks, and conversation filled the semi-spacious reception hall. Eventually Martin and Alex made their entrance.

"Please welcome Mr. and Mrs. Mystery," Olivia announced in a deep, almost authoritative voice.

She was a striking asian woman in her late 30s with short black hair. Wearing an off-white dress, Olivia, long known only as Mystery Organization Manager (M.O.M. for short), had a reputation as a party lover and planner.

Everyone applauded and cheered the couple, then Olivia guided them to the wedding photographer, a happy-looking blonde woman, ready to take their pictures.

Afterwards, Olivia announced that dinner was ready, and people took their plates to the buffet. Seafood, vegetables, sushi, and salad was prominent, but some pasta, beef, chicken and bread was available, all organic by Alex's insistence. Conversation swelled and new friendships were made. Thanks to years of coaching from Billy, even Java's table manners were quite good.

When most had finished, Olivia moved to the microphone stand by the groom and bride at the head table.

"Hello, everyone! May I please have your attention as we toast the bride and groom?"

The conversation quieted and she nodded in appreciation, then motioned to Billy. He smiled at his longtime colleague and friend, then took his place at the mic as she claimed a seat. Those who knew Billy clapped encouragingly.

"Hey," he said nervously. "Um- Martin's been an inspiration to me since we met. Despite my- unique situation- he became my best bud. I grew so much thanks to him."

A few people applauded and sent out words of encouragement.

"And Alex, well- she's an inspiration too. Same story with her knowing the real me. Fact is, she and Martin are a great fit. Congrats, you two!" Billy squeaked.

The audience chuckled and applauded once more. He shook Alex's hand, and gave Martin a fist bump, followed by a hug. He then turned to Sam and Clover and extended a hand to the mic.

Cheers rang out and there was much clapping as Sam and Clover approached the mic.

"Some might think it's odd to have two Maids of Honor," Clover said, and raised a forefinger. "But I know marriage rules, and it's legit."