Chapter 5

A/N: Well, the party's over. It's been short, but was fun. Not many reading (yet), but I tried. Figured I'd keep releasing the chapters pretty quickly. Hope you enjoy!

The audience laughed at this, though some reminded the single women to take it seriously

Alex walked out to see them finish gathering, turned her back to the group, then tossed the small bouquet of white flowers high and spun around to watch. Diana, Jenni, and Olivia eyed the prize hitting its skyward arc and tensed. But Sam, Clover, and Britney had many years of experience jumping in heels, and took to the air, though giving each other a little space for safety.

The trio landed in a crouch, then slowly stood. Sam held the bouquet with a huge smile and flashed a peace sign. Clover looked miffed, then laughed and hugged her, followed by Britney.

The audience applauded and chatted at the impressive display of agility, maybe the greatest ever seen in a Bouquet Toss. People who recorded it on their phones replayed footage to each other in wonder. Olivia, Diana, and Jenny chatted with Sam, Clover, and Britney for a bit. Olivia then walked back to the mic.

"Martin, Alex, let's go cut that cake!" she said dramatically, causing some to chuckle.

The couple moved to a small table with the cake, cutlery, plates, and two glasses of champagne. It was a round, three tier organic, gluten free cake, the bottom tier carrot, middle vanilla, and top, chocolate, covered with buttermilk frosting. By Alex's request, a simple red heart was the cake topper. It was a symbol of both love, and of her life as a WOOHP agent, displayed on her Bungee Belt buckle and in the shape of her Jetpack Backpack.

Martin picked up the knife and Alex put her hand over his. They cut a slice from the bottom tier, then Martin used the serving utensil to set it on a plate. Alex got a piece on a fork, then fed it to Martin, and his eyes lit up in joy from the taste. He then got a piece and fed Alex, causing a similar reaction.

The audience clapped and "Awwed," once again.

"Funny, I thought Martin would smash the cake in her face," Diana said to Billy.

Billy and Java looked at her in confusion.

"Why would he do that?" asked Billy, aghast.

Java grunted in approval of his question.

Diana smiled. "That's right, first time at a wedding. It's something silly the married couple can do." Billy and Java gave her a nod of understanding.

He's really grown up, she thought.

The couple sipped a bit from the champagne glasses. Martin gave her the slice, then cut his own, and they returned to their seats. The cake was divided up and the rest was soon served.

Some danced a bit more and many chatted. Martin and Alex found a moment to break off and got outside to the nearby terrace and leaned on the railing overlooking the Pacific.

"So now I'm Alex Mystery," she said and smiled, looking at the sea.

"This- it's so unreal," he replied, holding her hand. "In the best way."

He looked at the near-cloudless afternoon landscape, then turned to her and gently cupped her chin. She turned to look at him, and they shared a long kiss.

"Wow," he said. "I love you, Alex. The wedding was a blast. I'm glad they all turned out for us."

"I love you too," she said and gave him a peck. "Martin, I was so afraid our wedding would get ruined." She exhaled and leaned into him, and he stroked her hair and nodded. "Like guests fighting, or crazy stuff like monsters, villains, or whatever."

"Must be a miracle," Martin said and they chuckled.

Shouts of surprise from inside caused them to jump up and get to the source in a flash. They looked at the scene, each other, then back, and laughed.

Music still played, and people were dancing, including the experts, such as Olivia, Java, and Clover. People chatted and danced near Billy, no longer disguised as human by his holographic projector. The tiny green alien in a tux was hovering in his donut-shaped blue-grey high tech seat without a care in the world.

Jerry, near Olivia, smiled at the events. "I can tell Dean to have everyone's memory of this erased if you like," he said to her.

She shook her head and patted his shoulder. "No, Jerry. But thanks for the offer."

Martin grinned and sighed. "The best man," he said.

Alex smiled and pulled Martin to join the others at the dance floor. After the song ended, the couple said their goodbyes to everyone they could and made it out to the parking lot, where Martin took the wheel of a white car.

The others cheered for the newlyweds and watched them drive off, headed to a new future one could only imagine.

A/N: Thanks very much for reading! Please review if you liked it. :)