collide

Carla rushed down the street, her feet ached and she despised herself for not doing it sooner. Her engagement- too soon. It didn't feel right in her heart. Somewhere deep down she always knew she wasn't in love with chris but really just afraid to be alone. So afraid, she let those stolen hugs and kisses seem like love but indeed it was just her desire to be loved and not the actual feeling of love. She admired him for loving her, but she didn't admire him in any other aspect. Her feet had gotten sore and she had to sit down on a curb of the sidewalk. She'd rushed all the way from the fancy dinner place to this low-life college party where no one could find her.

A sob left her lips. It was not the kind of pain you realized you were feeling. It was so persistent. It was so permanent, that you didn't realize it was there all along . She quietly let tears fall down to her neck, she didn't care who could watch.

"Cigarette?" a voice boomed for behind her.

"No thank you" she said blankly, not even turning her face to look at the man.

"Oh come on, you need one, you're in a silk dress sitting on the curb crying."

She flinched at the statement , she wanted to look at the man but instead she just decided to walk , she removed her heels hurriedly and started walking on the sidewalk.

The man walked beside her in the same pace. Carla turned around, just to catch a glimpse of his face, it was going to be swift she promised herself. But as soon as her eyes drifted to his face , she stopped walking. The man was dressed in a white blazer suit and didn't need anything more to enhance his features. He was naturally the most pretty and handsome man she'd ever seen, along with chris. Suddenly, she got conscious of herself, she adjusted her dress as the man smoked. 

"i'd like one." she said , all of a sudden , the words rolled off her tongue with such ease. 

"julian wells, my cigarettes are the best , i supply to all college parties." Julian handed her a cigarette and got in close proximity to light it. 

Carla admired the shape of his eyes as she slowly inhaled the smoke.

"Oh , look at that big rock on your finger. Wow, I'm really unlucky today." Carla looked at her engagement ring that she didn't return to chris.

"I met one beautiful lady today and she's fucking engaged." Julian sighed dramatically and sat on the curb.

Carla joined him on the curb. Carla sighed and removed the ring and placed in Julian's closed fist.

"I ran away, I broke my engagement."

Julian's face lit up, "really?" he smirked.

"Well maybe that guy doesn't deserve you." Julian grabbed carla's hand , the pad of his thumb slowly caressed the back of her hand, he slid the ring onto Carla's thumb. 

"Well now you're engaged to me." he laughed.

Carla blushed . "It's so safe to be engaged to a stranger " she laughed.

Julian's face suddenly paled, he'd spotted someone looking at him.

"I've to go, I've to-" 

Carla positioned herself infront of him. "Why are you panicking?" carla asked endearingly.

"they don't - they will." Julian shook his hand in panic and started to walk hurriedly. Carla followed him to his car. Julian started the car as Carla stood on the sidewalk.

"What? Do you want to come with?" Julian's tone changed but carla wasn't afraid of it, she knew she wanted to go with him.

"Yes."

_____________________________________

Carla had been napping in Julian's lap as he drove aimlessly in his red open roofed mustang. The cold breeze had fucked up both their hairs. Carla woke up to a honk at the car, she admired Julian's jawline from the view she had. She slowly caressed his chin and julian smirked. 

"You have a nice face." Carla complimented him.

"Hey lady, now is not the time to seduce me." He blushed.

"We're on a mission here"

"To run away from our perpetually fucked up lives." both of them spoke at the same time.

"We said the same-" "You said the same-" Carla and Julian stared at each other in shock, and later laughed.

Carla sat up straight and adjusted herself. "Will you ever tell me why you panicked there?"

"No." Julian stated firmly.

Carla wrapped her long arms around his torso and hugged him. Julian melted into her embrace. It was so easy for them to just sit there and hug. It felt pure, rid of all negative emotions,

Julian drove around for a bit with carla wrapped around him. he parked his car and shoved his neck into carla's shoulder. 

They both wanted to say something but couldn't articulate a proper sentence.

So they just sat there, in embrace, beneath a starry sky.

______________________________

author's note : i promise it gets more interesting after this