I

Ajiona

6am
I began to slowly stir in my sleep and I witnessed my alarm clock flashing which indicated it was time for me to get up. I reach over and turned it off before sitting up slowly; I stretched my arms out while yawning before climbing out of the bed going into my bathroom. I turned the lights on before standing in front of the sink grabbing my toothbrush. I quickly brushed my teeth and washed my face before heading downstairs to see my roommate sitting at the table.

"Good Morning Jade!" I said as I quickly signed it. I pulled out the chair next to her and quickly stole a piece of her fruit.

She looked at me in a playfully shocked way before responding back. "Good Morning AJ. You sleep okay?"

She didn't sign back but she really didn't have to. She's been my roommate for 3 years so I've become accustomed to reading her lips.

"Eh same old same old. Just ready to get the day started." I replied while signing again. The only time I sign is when I don't have my hearing aid in, which is only when I'm home.

"Are you coming to sing to the kids again today?" I quickly asked her as I got up from the table.

"Yep right after I take Indigo to the vet. I'll see you there." She replied as she got up as well.

I quickly checked the time realizing it was 6:15. I ran back upstairs to my bathroom and I turned the shower on before stripping and stepping in. I began to wash my body and slightly hum to myself; after about 15 minutes I stepped out of the shower and quickly dried my body and my hair off. I walked out into my room and quickly got dressed in my lilac purple scrubs and my matching crocs. I grabbed my hearing aid off of my nightstand and I walked in the bathroom; I looked in the mirror and I placed it in my ear before fixing my hair to cover it mostly. After that I grabbed my phone and my keys before heading downstairs and out the door making my way to work.

About 20 minutes later

I parked my car in the lot before quickly making my way into the hospital. I stopped at the front desk before making my way to my designated area: Pediatrics. I've always loved working with kids, they're so adorable and innocent, and they're always excited to see me because I'm everyone's favorite nurse.

"Good Morning everybody!" I greeted my fellow coworkers with a smile. Most responded with the same energy but the nurses who had been here all night were too tired to even return a smile, which I understand cause kids are stressful.

"AJ you have been requested to take care of a patient until he leaves. His mother wanted the best and most private nurse and that's you." My supervisor Amy told me. Before she continued to talked.

"His name is Eissa Al Mana. He's 5 years old and in room 495. He's been complaining about stomach pains as well as nausea. I believe it's appendicitis but we won't know until he gets cleared for a CAT scan." While she was talking I just nodded my head listening to her. Eissa Al Mana... his name sounded strangely familiar.

I shook myself out of my thoughts and I took his chart from her as I headed down to his room. I noticed the door was closed so I knocked until I heard a soft "Come in". I opened the door slowly and I walked in with a light smile, I noticed a woman sitting in the corner of the room on her phone but she quickly looked up as I walked in.