skinny love(-:

song : skinny love - bon iver

summary : luke and michael have loved each other since they met, but neither of them know that. michael dislikes luke's boyfriend calum, and luke finally finds out why.

☼ Luke's POV ☼

Michael and I sat on the couch, watching a movie. We've been friends for years and it's sort of a thing we've always done together.

We're both snuggled up under one blanket, but not too close to each other. That's how it used to be, but now that I have a boyfriend, I'm more cautious.

Michael has never liked Calum. I don't know why. Calum is sweet and bubbly and, beautiful. He's not Michael, but I really like him, and it upsets me that Michael doesn't.

"Why have you been so distant lately?" I got the courage to ask him.

"I haven't," he says without looking away from the television.

"Oh, come on Michael," I say, obviously annoyed.

He doesn't say another word.

"Is it because of Calum?" I blurt out, not exactly regretting it.

"No," he says, with a blank face.

I turn back to the television. All I really want is my best friend back.

+

It's been about a half hour, and neither of us have said anything.

I'm wide awake, but I can tell Michael is getting sleepy. His eyes begin to close slowly.

Eventually he ends up cuddled into my side. He's asleep, of course. With the way he's been acting lately, he would never get this close to me intentionally.

I put my arm around him and slightly pull him closer. Then I start staring at the beautiful boy cuddling me.

What? No. I have a boyfriend.

I'm sure he's asleep, but then I hear a tired little voice say, "Calum's cheating on you."

"W-what?" I sit up and take my arm from around him, slightly embarrassed, because I thought he was asleep. "Wait, what?" I feel my throat dry up and my eyes get glossy.

"I didn't want to hurt you, Luke," he keeps his eyes closed and doesn't look at me.

"What? Y-you, should've just-"

I got up and walked down the hallway. I went in my room and sat on my bed.

Not long after I heard soft footsteps and the bed sunk as Michael sat down. He wrapped his arms around me and buried his head in my neck.

"How did you know?" I asked him as I wiped a tear from my face.

"I- well... Saw him. Kissing someone else- he told me if I told you I would make it worse, and that would be the last time... But it wasn't," he barely got out.

"Was it a girl?"

"Yes," he said, then he finally looked up at me. "I'm sorry."

I looked away. "You didn't do anything," I said and sighed. I lie down on the bed and Michael did the same. He put his arm around my waist.

I stared into his gorgeous eyes and he pecked me on the cheek.

"I love you, Luke. I hope you know that," he said before turning to face the other way.

I wondered what he meant by that. He loved me, because I was his best friend? Or he was in love with me?

I hoped for the latter. I had always loved Michael, like, loved him. But I was always sure he didn't love me that way back.

I decided to cut my losses.

"Michael?"

"Hm?" he turned around, but before he even realized it, I was kissing his lips.

+

I wrote this a long time ago and decided to post it.
and yes, the bon iver version bc bird bird or whatever her name is' version of that song sucks ass tbfh
oh yeah and one of my favorite muke pics on the side/top!♥︎♥︎♥︎