Prologue

Izuku ran. He had never been fast, so the bullies quickly caught up with him and beat him half to death. This had always happened, Izuku Midoryia. The boy with a heart of gold, and apparently a gold target on his back as well. The bullies had finally had their fill, and left him there. Izuku got up and continued on his way home.

When he got there, his mother immediately saw his bruises. She quickly got the first aid kit and started patching them up.

"You have to stop getting into trouble Izuku."

"Those boys were picking on people. It isn't right."

"You're such a good kid Izuku."

"If only I was faster."

Izuku's father entered the room. "Hey, what happened?" he asked, a very concerned look decorating his face.

"Izuku got in a fight today. He won." answered Izuku's mom with a warm smile.

His father returned the smile and patted Izuku on the back. "Way to go, slugger. Oh, and uh, no more fighting."

Izuku looked at his parents with a smile, and his mother finished patching him up.

<Timeskip brought to you by the Gellert Grindlewald association, fighting for wizard-muggle equality for a long time now. And viewers like you>

Izuku woke up to a bang downstairs. Odd. It was always quite at night, and they didn't have much of anything in there that could fall over. He was about to get back to sleep, when he saw the water in his fish tank rising. He ran downstairs to investigate.

When he arrived downstairs, he saw his mother sitting in the middle of a ball of lightning, with a man in black standing in front of his mother. Screaming in panic. His father quickly turned to him and grabbed his arms. "RUN, IZUKU, RUN!" As his father finished saying that, Izuku was wooshed out of the house by an unknown source. He quickly made his way back to his home. Pleading that he wasn't too late to help.

When he arrived, he saw police cars in front of his house, a large hole where the living room window once was, and police tape to mark the crime scene. Izuku entered the house anyway. As he made his way to the front porch, he saw his dad being forcefully escorted from the house.

"I told you I didn't do this. I never would do such a thing." He paused as he saw his son standing in the doorway. "Izuku, don't go in the house!" he called out to his son. Izuku didn't obey. He needed to see what happened.

He entered the house and turned to face the living room, seeing his best friends father, Shota Uraraka, and another police officer. They left and Izuku saw a tarp that seemed to be covering something. He pulled up the tarp to see his mother's lifeless face. "Mom?" He received no answer. "Mom?!" he called out again. No answer. He kept calling out, even as detective Uraraka pulled him away from her. He tried to explain that his father didn't do it, but no one believed him. They all kept saying that it was a scared little boy's attempt to cover up what they believed had really happened. No one would heed his words. Not even All Might. This was the story. The story of Izuku Midoryia.