Chapter One: Parents

Day after day, week after week, year after year, Ella tries to get Tessa out if her room. It seems like thats all she does. But finally, her luck seems to be changing. Ella's parents are going away on a trip across on of the 7 seas. Because of that Ella thinks that Tessa will come down the same time as her. But Ella is so desperate to see Tessa that Ella sleeps downstairs incase her sister visits her parents in the night or early morn. Ella stays down there all day, until her parents leave. Sadly Ella discovers that her parents went up to Tessa's room privately to say goodbye.

A week later there is terrible news that Ella an Tessa's parents have died on their ship when it sunk. There was a terrifying storm that tipped over the large ship. There were no survivors. From that day forward, with Ella and Tessa's parents rules, no one is allowed in the castle except the staff and the two girls.

A few days after the funeral, Ella goes up to the door of Tessa's room and says, "We only have each other. It's just you and me. What are we gonna do?" As Ella crouches at Tessa's door, Tessa does the same. They both start to bawl and their pretty princess faces turn into ugly ash. Makeup is dripping everywhere and the maid is mad because she has to clean it. Ella is now severely depressed and locks herself in her room just like Tessa.