10:55 P.M.

A/N: A story of John and Patricia that started in Omegle. A story that ended in an unexpected way. So, please, stop Omegle :(.

I never knew how to spend my spare time, especially during my insomnia attacks late at night.  I always have felt  the need to talk to someone just to ease my boredom. I tend to overthink when most of them are asleep. I always let myself get beaten by depression.I just hate overthinking, it drifts me far from the utopia that I’ve long dreamed to stay in. It shrouds my whole identity with dark clouds as I let the night passed by.  I needed to find something to entertain me just for the shortest possible time. I’m sick of getting depressed every night.

 I was so busy scanning Facebook  newsfeeds or any site where I can lose myself in every night. I find it boring clicking the down and up arrow just to pry on everyone’s posts every mid-night.. I needed to make myself bored and tired just to force my whole body to give up but,  it wasn’t effective as I already got used to it.

It was 12:50  A.M. when I decided to visit this site that I’ve long curious with since most of my friends used to hype this thing with me. There’s no harm in trying,that’s why I decided to give it a shot.

I logged in the server and read the forewords and site’s rules. Their regulations caught my curiosity to try their service more. This was my first time to come across such a site and I’m in no way familiar with how this thing works. I typed my interests: UP Diliman, Wattpad and I think writing the time of my first visit on this page wouldn’t hurt so bad, so I also entered 10:55 as well.

I’ve learned that people have different reasons visiting Omegle. A very accultured site wherein you cannot completely find someone who has the same interest or wavelength as you.) I had a hard time to look for someone to chat with: In fact, I had a hard time looking for a person who isn’t perverted at all. I had a dire need to talk to someone that time, so I solemnly wished to have someone to talk to right now.  

I had to heighten my senses. Everyone there only gets one shot at their introduction. Some gave their ASL abruptly, some gave me  instant questions and most of them are looking for a FUBU and a short-time fling from someone. I don’t give a damn time just to entertain these perverse people.

You both like UP Diliman and 10:55.  Start chatting!

My heart skipped a little. I have never expected that there could be this someone who would put the same time as mine as his or her interest. So, for the first time, I iniated the conversation.

You: Hi! What keeps you awake?

Stranger is typing….

…..

Stranger is typing….

….