six

Iain woke up in a cold sweat, the crash still played vividly in his mind. He wished it had never happened or he wished it was him and not Sam who had died.
*********

"You alright?" Jan asked Iain as he was stocking the ambulance.

"Yeah, fine" Iain replied

"You look done in" Jan sighed

"Thank you very much, i love you too" Iain replied. Soon after Jan cleared her throat.

"Your targets you've been way off, last month you fell behind"

"what?" Iain sighed, "you're coming at me with your spreadsheets?"

**************

The day didn't start of well, Iain and Ruby had to visit a cardiac arrest, but it was too late. They both knew it came with the job but it hurt.

*************

Next Ruby and Iain had to see a girl, Katie,who had fallen as she'd missed the school bus. He noticed the awkwardness between Katie and her mum. He knew something was up. She needed to go into hospital as she'd hurt her foot. But Katie didn't want her mum to come to the hospital with her.

In the back of the ambulance Katie and phoned her dad and much to her dismay he was going to the hospital.

"He doesn't need to know?" Katie questioned, panicking.

"No one needs to know, if you don't want them to" Iain replied in hope to make her feel at ease.

****************

"Don't you think we should tell someone" Ruby fretted.

Iain sighed, "she told us to stay out of it"

Then Dr Munroe found out the Katie was going to relocate to Australia. Dr Munroe also asked Katie about her eczema, but Katie said it was nothing.

**********

Katie walked out of the ED with her dad. That's when he saw Katie's mum.

"How Long?"

"Dad Please!" Katie pleaded, wanting the argument to stop.

Meanwhile Ruby and Iain were about to go on break when they saw the argument, they decided to go over and see what was going on. Moments later Katie started fitting.

Iain rushed her in resus, where Alicia treated her again.

It sooner became apparent that Katie was making herself sick, Dr Munroe said that it must be hard dealing with the situation with her parents and that some people react in different ways.

Ruby and Iain has just finished bringing another patient in, when he saw Katie,

"How's the kid doing?" Iain asked Louise.

"She's alright, but apparently that seizure was bulimia related"

Iain sighed, before going in to speak to Katie.