My Temporary Home

Bella

*in this story, Stan Lee is going to be alive and well... RIP Stan Lee.*

Once we got inside her apartment she showed me to the room I could stay in.
"Thanks, Lamoo. I'll be out of your hair when I can figure out how to make a portal strong enough to get home." I sighed.
"Here, I'll take you shopping in the morning for some clothes." She said.
"What's today?" I asked.
"Oh, it's Friday." She answered as I nodded and she tossed me some pjs.
"Thanks again, Lindsay." I smiled softly as I got changed into the light purple pjs and laid down on the light blue bed she let me borrow.

***

I tossed and turned all night not getting much sleep so I decided to make a portal to talk to someone.
"Show me Peter Parker, Spiderman, my bestfriend." I whispered as my hair light up blue and a portal appeared in front of me.
"Bella?" Peter asked.
"Hi... I'm sorry, I just needed someone to talk to. It's like 3 AM here, and I can't sleep." I pouted as he laughed.
"Ok, though I can only talk for about an hour, I have school soon." He frowned.
"Oh! If you have to get ready I can call someone else." I mumbled.
"No! I mean, uh, I miss you. A lot." He chuckled.
"I miss you too, Peter. A lot." I smiled softly.
"You do realize it's only been a few minutes or so since you last called." He laughed.
"Maybe over there, but it's been about 10 hours over here." I said.
"Really? How long did she say you were gone for?" He asked.
"10 months. That would be about 5 days for you would be a month for me." I mathed.
"Woah, your universe moves quickly, doesn't it?" He breathed as I nodded.
"Yeah. I love you, Peter." I whispered as a yawn escaped my mouth.
"I love you too, Bella. I can't wait to have you back home and in my arms again." I smiled softly.
"Me too." I whimpered as I wiped a tear from my cheek.
"Bella? Are you up honey? We should probably get going if we want to beat the traffic." Lindsay called on the other side of the door.
"... it's only 3! Stores don't usually open until like 9 ish." I said.
"Honey, it's 8 o'clock." She said.
"... oh. Time apparently speeds up when I open a portal." I whispered as my eyes widened.
"Shit! I have to go! I've got like 20 minutes to get ready and get to school! Love you, portal me later!" He said.
"I love you too! Be safe." I shouted as he nodded and ran off to get dressed. I shut the portal.
"Did you two just tell each other 'I love you?!'" Lindsay squealed happily as she handed me some clothes to wear for the day.

"Ready? Good! Let's go!" She exclaimed as she grabbed my and and ran to her jeep.

***

Once we were done at the mall, she took us to dinner at Olive Garden.
A male waiter around my age, in this universe, took us to our seats.
"My name is Connor, and I'll be your waiter for this evening. Can I start you ladies off with some drinks?" Connor asked.
"Uh, yeah, I'll have a raspberry lemonade." I smiled at him.
"And I'll have a water." Lindsay said.
"One water and one Raspberry lemonade, coming up." He grinned at me as I played with my napkin.
"Looks like he likes you." Lindsay giggled.
"I'm all set with Peter, thank you." I blushed.
"So, are you two a thing?" She smirked.
"Not officially yet, but we have said 'I love you' to each other, so that must count as something, right?" I smiled softly looking down at my lap as Connor came over with our drinks.
"Here you go, beautiful." He cooed as he handed me my drink.
"Thank you." I mumbled.
"What would you like to eat today?" He asked standing closer to me as I bit my tongue trying not to say anything rude to him.
"I'll have the chicken gnocchi soup." I mumbled as he nodded with a smirk.
"And I'll have Fettuccine Alfredo, and a new waiter please. You're making her uncomfortable." Lindsay said as his smirk faltered.
"Sorry, but I'm all you get." He growled.
"Then get me a manager, because I don't think my boyfriend would like you being this close to me." I snapped as everyone turned towards us.
"O-of course miss. Sorry." He murmured before he walked away. I huffed as the manager came over and Lindsay told him what happened and we got our meals and dessert for free.