Imagine both Dixon brothers falling in love with you at the same time.

Imagine both Daryl and Merle Dixon falling in love with you at the same time.

Pairing: Daryl x reader x Merle

Warning: maybe slightly nsfw references, nothing is going on between the brothers

Words: ~ 780

× Both of the Dixons brothers are fascinated by you since the beginning. Your extremely though and strong attitude leaves behind a lasting impression. Never before saw either of them a woman with such impressive fighting skills, it's like you were made to kill walkers. Always by your side is apart from your machete a huge bow which makes you even more badass in their eyes.

× Furthermore, you're also very kind to everyone in the group, no matter what. You help out wherever you can and never showed any prejudices towards the brothers, unlike most of the group.

× It doesn't take long for Merle to start flirting with you at any given chance in hope to win you over with his charm. As expected, Daryl immediately comes behind his brother's motive but he's too shy to say anything. The younger Dixon is scared Merle would make fun of him because of his little crush on you and would maybe even tell you about his feelings if it comes to the worst.

× Daryl isn't even half as confident as Merle. For this reason, he fears you would tell him he's not good enough for you in case he reveals his feelings. Sadly, he's way too shy to make a move on you and decides it's the best to hide his crush from both, you and his brother.

× Unfortunately, Merle witnesses his little brother blushing and stuttering over his words several times in front of you. Therefore, it doesn't take all too long for Merle to figure it out and confront Daryl. He tells him how much better he is for you and that he doesn't have a chance anyway because you're only interested in a 'real man'.

× At any given opportunity, the older Dixon brother reminds him he's not in your league and you won't ever be interested in him. In addition, Merle embarrasses Daryl further by casually comparing them in front of you, how much stronger he is, how much taller and so on...

× Over time, Daryl grows a bit more confident, mainly because you always seem to enjoy spending time with him during guard duty as well as runs. One day he finally has the courage to ask you whether or not you want to go hunting with him. The two of you start to often spend hours in the woods just to enjoy the others present which makes Merle beyond jealous.

× Most of the times, the older brother drowns his grief with alcohol, he hates how Daryl teaches you to use his crossbow and always keeps your company during guard duty. If he had a say, you would ask him to teach you how to protect yourself instead of letting his brother teaching you. In this case he would have an excuse to spend more time with you and to touch you while explaining how to use a gun.

× Every time Merle witness how Daryl gives you a blanket or something to eat, he makes sure to give you an even warmer blanket and even more to eat the next day, no exceptions.

× The brothers argue a lot about you, nearly every day either Merle claims to be the only one who can protect and please you or Daryl expresses his concerns about Merle hurting you sooner or later.

× Unlike everyone else of the group, you're totally clueless of their feeling towards you. Carol notices Daryl's different behavior first while literally everyone can tell Merle has taken an interest in you thanks to his attitude every time you are present.

× You like spending time with both Dixons. Daryl doesn't talk much but it's always a comfortable silence around you. With him you feel save, you have the feeling you can tell him everything without him judging you. He's a great listener and is a good man through and through. He had a difficult past and it's not easy for him to open up to someone but it's obvious he has a big heart and cares for those around him.

× Merle has a special way of talking but you have no problem to see his whole attitude with humor. He's very protective over you and always makes sure no one bothers you, especially no other man. You're the only one he trusts and respects (apart from Daryl) and the only one he likes to spend time with. Over time he tells you bit for bit about his horrible past.

× In the end, both of the Dixon's confess their feelings for you at the same time and give you the time to choose one of them.