Kitty Boy(Continued)

Writer: I'll check for mistakes tomorrow cos' it's kinda late and my head is hurting-

"I know you love me and are always waiting for an excuse to express your burning passion, but maybe we do it after rescuing your controller!" He smirked.

I quickly withdrew my arms, "Fine with me..." I mumbled quietly.

Retreating to the door without a further word, I left my friend to wallow in his confusion and question if he had heard me correctly. The revenge was small but something nonetheless. With newfound determination I walked on.

Later in the day after many small arguments such as where to go and roughly how long we should spend to 'get the most out of our volleyball experience' in the words of Kuroo, we had finally reached the neighbourhood park, recognisable by the seemingly off amount of cats that had apparently become a part of the scenery and couldn't not be included in an explanation of the place.

"Okay, the sooner we start, the better." Kuroo said cheerfully once we had reached a clearing free of trees not far from the entrance, a relatively safe distance away from the scary loud little kids playing on the swings and slide. I was busy not listening and staring at a white and ginger- striped cat who in turn had been looking at me with a confused expression. I would have tried to pet it had it been close enough to do so.
"Kenma! Stop staring at your poor older sister like a perv and listen to me! Anyway, as I was saying, I really don't get why you don't do sports. I mean, it's not like you're fat or hideously uncoordinated or something. And people even find it weird and creepy if your only hobby is playing video games."

Not sure whether to thank him or hit him(although even if I did it wouldn't affect him) I just said "Okay" in my usual tone. At the time it seemed like the safest option.

After being told to stand a short distance away from this rude person and face him, I tried to watch the ball as apprehensively as I could, bending my knees a little so it looked like some sort of half squat and raising my arms in front of me- it felt like I was trying too hard, but in my head trying hard now, while I had to do something either way, was a good tactic and small price to pay for being good and having to spend less effort later.

Or maybe you could say that I was just trying to impress Kuroo.

In any case volleyball was turning out to be harder than I had first anticipated. Even though I knew in my head what to do and had stuck my arms out to 'receive' the ball, mimicking Kuroo's excited demonstration, as soon as the ball became within 3 metres of my face I panicked and held my hands up to shield it, resulting in the ball bouncing off of the edge of my elbow and ending up a fair distance behind me.

Sighing, I walked over to pick it up and then threw it back to Kuroo. Okay, so this is harder than you thought. No big deal, now you have experience, you know what you did wrong, so this time just- After pulling the same stunt again I looked around to see the ball rolling. I turned to face Kuroo and scrunched my face up at his mocking expression, "What're you laughing at?" Then I looked back to see the ball, still rolling. Why hadn't it stopped like last time? It felt like it was mocking me as it continued to move steadily away.

Maybe Kuroo would go to pick it up...

Any hopes of saving myself the walk were crushed as I saw Kuroo let out a laugh, "Kenma! Are you reeeally too lazy to walk 10 steps to go and get a ball? That's hilarious! You really aren't trying to prove your mum wrong at all are you? Hahahahaha!" I frowned, remembering my mum's shocked expression when I'd told her that I 'wanted' to go out to play with the volleyball with Kuroo.
"Stop talking!" I threw the volleyball at him which missed his head by a pretty spectacular margin and bounced off of a tree behind him.