Chapter 18: Learning to Live

The Klaxosaur Princess was pissed. Not only had she lost the Star Child, but her daughter and son had abandoned her as well! She specifically told them not to engage in the battle! Yet the moment she turned her back, the two had hopped in their FranXX and engaged Reaper in battle and lost! And they had revealed that they were alive to them to boot! The Princess shuddered as she recalled the display of power that Reaper and his squad displayed. So much power. How were their bodies not torn apart from the energy that they contained? Even H and J were holding back on her! She had never seen that attack she used to call light beams from the heavens, and that last attack 'Heaven's Judgement', the amount of power contained within that combined attack. What were those two? There was no way they were simply humans who knew umbrakinesis.

...

Nana was not happy. They had taken their FranXX, she was sure of it. They were in those repair bays when she left last night. Yet this morning several technicians came running up to her, telling her that Reaper 1's FranXX were missing from their bays, as well as the black and blue FranXX they had recovered. Not only that, but five, five, of their spare FranXX were dismantled as well, nothing left but a few parts and the Magma Energy cores left in a pile. Nothing on the cameras either, not a damn thing! How, in the hell, had they gotten in and out without being seen? This was a secure facility for Papa's sake! How had no one seen 4 large FranXX just walking out the door?!

...

Earlier that night

"Owl, toss me a servo!" Reaper shouted from inside the newly named Narcissus's leg.

He and Owl were fixing and retrofitting Narcissus, the FranXX that James and Havana piloted. Reaper held out a hand and a servo landed in it and Reaper installed it into her leg.

"Reaper, it's not a good idea for you to be doing this. You should be sleeping. If Havana wakes up and you're not there, she is going to kill you." Owl said.

"I'll be fine. This needs to be done now, we don't know when the next battle will be, and we need to be ready. Besides, I got 6 hours of sleep, I'll be fine." Reaper said.

"It's 2 in the morning, Havana is not going to see it that way."

"It will be fine. I'll be back in bed before..."

The elevator door opened, and a pissed off Havana stepped outside along with James. Havana's hair was floating and glowing white.

"Reaper." Havana growled.

"Oh shit." Reaper cursed.

"Reaper, I would run if I were you." James said.

"Noted!" Reaper shouted and jumped down off of Narcissus and began to run.

"Get back here Reaper! Your supposed to be asleep with me!" Havana shouted and began to chase after him.

"James! Help Owl finish!" Reaper said as he was glowing black and running up the side of the spire.

Havana growled, and she glowed white before free flying after him and grabbing him off the spire.

"Havana! I have things I need to do!"

"It's 2 in the morning. Your ass belongs in bed with me. Anything else can wait until the sun comes up." Havana said and flew back into the birdcage.

James chuckled and walked over to where Owl was standing. In the distance, he could see Black Rose and the others guarding the spire.

"So that's where you two went to. I'm guessing that their free movement was due to master?" James asked.

Owl nodded and James wrapped her arms around her and began to nuzzle her hair.