Chapter 25: The VIRM's reckoning and Life Goes On

Time skip: 70 days

Location: Space

Time since departure: 70 days

They had been in space for some time. The warp gate had brought them into a galaxy that was relatively close to the VIRM homeworld but still very far away. Death was tracking the VIRM back to their homeworld by tracing the fumes from their ships. However, since they were unable to travel at lightspeed it was going to take a while to get there.

Reaper and his squad had entered a deep meditation while they were in transit. Their minds were linked together and they temporary existed as a collective consciousness. This was broken at times by VIRM forces who were foolish enough to try to attack them.

"It's odd." Havana said. "We have been in space for a long time, but I have yet to grow hungry or thirsty."

"That's because I'm holding your bodies in stasis. Death said. Because of the skirmishes with the VIRM your bodies have only been physically active for about 5 hours. Being held in shadow stasis keeps your bodies from getting hungry and thirsty, no matter how long you are in that state."

Death then paused.

"There is an approaching fleet of VIRM. Rouse yourselves."

Reaper Alpha woke up and reconnected with their FranXX.

"Ready Black Rose? Here they come again." Reaper said.

"As always, Reaper." She replied as they charged into battle with the VIRM again.

...

Time skip: 2 days

Location: Earth

Time since departure: 72 days

Reaper Beta waited for each day for Reaper Alpha's return but were met with silence. But as they say, life goes on.

"It's getting pretty big." Kokoro said with a hand on her stomach.

Reaper Beta was sitting in their assigned area in the common area of the Birds Nest with Fake Nana discussing Kokoro's baby.

"I'll arrange pregnancy clothes for you." Fake Nana said.

"Please." Mitsuru said.

"Please don't give me any special treatment." Kokoro said.

"I must." Fake Nana said tilting her head. "As the first pregnancy, you will be a pioneer and an example. We should do things right to set a precedent for others."

"Very well" Kokoro said.

...

"Hmph." Zorome grunted as he moved a pile of wood.

Reaper Beta was back in Mistilteinn collecting more dirt for new fields and had uncovered the ruins of the manor. Due to lack of upkeep over the months the manor had collapsed, leaving a pile of stone, and rotting wood.

"I'm amazed that it is still here." Ichigo said.

"Try not to explore any unsafe areas!" Nana called.

She and Hachi had went with Reaper Beta as well as several other parasites with trucks to gather the dirt. Hachi had recovered from the injuries that he had taken from the exploding mothership although he was now missing an eye.

"Wow, the plants that were dying when we originally left have recovered." Futoshi said.

"This soil really is something." Ikuno said.