Chapter 4

Chapter 4

* * *

After all the tests and stuff, Doctor Cummings let me go to school. He gave me a paper saying that I am excused from PE and all other physical activities until my head got better.

The stitches weren't that noticeable but they gave me a special bandage to wear to "protect" it. Just to make sure it doesn't get diseased or anything.

When I went back to school, it was lunch. I went straight in and searched for Chamilla. I found her sitting at our usual table all alone. I walked over to her. Along the way I heard snickers and whispers. I ignored them this time.

When I got to the table i sat next to Chamilla. I swear, she almost shit her pants when she saw me.

"EMILY!!!!" She squealed.

"Hi," I said plainly.

"What happened to you? Why was there an ambulance?!"

"I fell on ice and got a gash in my head. The nurses sent me to the hospital to get stitches. The doctor said that I had a concussion but I was clear to go. I just can't do physical activities and/ or contact sports," I told my friend. She sat there speechless.

"But you're okay now, right?" She asked.

"Yeah," I said.

She gave me a big hug. At least I had one person that loved me. The rest of lunch was spent with Chamilla telling me all about how to hack into people's FaceBook accounts. She was a computer genius. No question about it. Then she handed me a paper she made with a whole bunch of words and pictures. I put it into my backpack for safe keeping.

Lunch was over now. I walked up the stairs to my locker. Chamilla already got her stuff so she wouldn't be late for History, that was on the other side of the building.

While I was walking up the stairs, I saw the Ogres gathered around something. There were other people too, all on their phones. Once they saw me, they started laughing and snickering at me.

Great, it's probably a video of me slipping this morning.

"A little clutsy, eh?" A boy sneers.

"Better hold on to something, you might fall!!" Claire says with pure evil in her voice.

"Yea, you better not slip on the invisible ice!" Maria says with a scoff.

I turn and run all the way to my locker. I grab my books and run to my math class.

I end up getting to class just before Mrs. Bentley sits down. Mrs. Bentley is my favorite teacher. She's really young and understands kids. But she'll never understand me. No one will.

She starts talking about variables and exponents. I surprisingly stay attentive and take notes in my notebook.

Wow, I can't believe that I understand this math. Usually I'm awful at this. Like, I don't understand the concept of all of it. But now it clicked!

Math class was over rather quickly. I grabbed my things and started to walk out the door.

"Emily?" Mrs Bentley said.

"Y-yes Mrs Bentley?"

"Can you come here for a second?"

I readjusted my books and walked over to the desk. My teacher took out a paper and gave it to me.

"What's this?" I asked confused.

"That, my friend, is your test from last week. You got higher than everyone in your class!" She said happily.