Chapter 3: Back to the drawing board

I kept running in the cold darkness. Dodging trees and walkers along the way. My lungs felt like they were going to burst out of my chest, but I kept going. I kept going because I could hear a couple people from the group chasing after me. I panicked as the walkers numbers grew. I tried my best to doge the hoard. One sooty out its hand as I was passing and it nocked me over. I screamed as I held it inches away from my face. Then I saw a cross bow bolt enter its head and it dropped on top of me, lifeless. I grunted as I struggled to get up before any of the other walkers came pilling on top. But bolts entered their skulls, and they fall to the ground like rag dolls. I stood up. It turns out my arm wasn't broken. It was just severely bruised. My eyes widened as the two men approached me. I started to turn around when they grabbed my shirt's collar and I fell backwards. The bald one lifted me up by my shoulders. I struggled in his hands.

"Stop squirming girl." He said sternly. I didn't listen to him. He shook me.

"S-S-T-O-P-P!" I screamed as he shook me.

"Then fucking listen and stop moving!" He said. Hen he set me down, but he had a grub on the back of my shirt. I tried to move away but he just snapped me back into place.

"Luke is gonna be pissed. What are we supposed to do with her when we leave?" Nick said. The bald man shrugged.

"Maybe we can give her to Carver, in exchange for us." He said.

"That might be too risky." Nick said nervously.

"Wh-Who's Carver?" I dared to ask. They didn't answer.

"C'mon. We'll discuss this with the group." The bald man said as he shoved me. I stumbled forward. They started to walk back to the small house. If I tried to walk off path or walked too far away from them, they would shove me back. When we arrived back at the cabin, my fear rose. I didn't want this. I wanted to be back with Lee. I wish I had not come here in the first place.... I wish the walkers had never even exist. O had started to pour down. I shivered as we walked into the house, dripping wet. Everyone was staring at me. I felt so un welcomed and awkward. They sat me down on the sofa in the living room. I stared down at the floor as they argued once more.

"We're the fuck is the wood you were supposed to be getting?!" He yelled at the two. I think his name was Luke.

"She got out of the shed! We went after her!" Nick defended himself. Luke sighed and pinched his nose.

"I had the idea... What if we handed her over to Carver in exchange for us." The bald man said.

"That's a stupid idea Pete." Luke said.

"Just a suggestion. And thank you." Pete said sarcastically.

"Look, let's just get that window boarded up and let's talk about this in the morning. I'm too stressed right now." Luke said walking over to me. He grabbed me by my arm and pulled me up the stairs. He threw me in the bathroom and locked the door. I was trapped in a small space. I slid down the door. I tried to get some sleep. I would try to escape soon. I had to get out of here. A tear slid down my cheek and I drifted off.