Chapitre 4 - Bellamy

"I know where you stand

silent in the trees

Cause that's were I stand

Silent in the trees"

- Trees, Twenty One Pilots

* * * 

I took off many wristbands last night before everyone fell asleep. Almost half of the group. Clarke is upset and I trully don't care. I know my motives to lose contact with the Ark are quite selfish but it's not a bad idea. It'll also do good on Octavia. If soldiers came here, I wouldn't want them to banish my sister once more or whatever else they would be capable of. I could worry about chancellor Jaha but I have my reasons to believe he is dead.

-Bellamy.

I suddendly straigten when I see Murphy's face above me.

-What the hell man. I was sleeping.

If my first reaction would be punch him the face, I'm glad he stood by my side yesterday.

-I know, sorry. But I found something that will interest you.

He takes a step back to let me get up. I pull off a t-shirt. Then, he hands me a paper. We never said we had to collaborate but he seems to be a great guy, or at least we have the same point of view.

-I sneaked up on Clarke this morning. She let that sheet of paper in a box in the dropship. She tought it was safe there but I guess I'm smater than her.

I scan the paper. It's a map, marked with a red cross.

-The cross indicates where we are? I ask.

-I don't think so, Murphy points the cross. See, the cross is on the east side of the river and when I walked around yestarday night, I was on the west side of it.

I stare at him, trying to guess if he told me something he had just made up.

-How did you guess‌ that?

-We had classes on how to survive and all that stuff the last year. I paid attention even though I didn't understand why we had to attend that kind of lessons back then.

I stay silent a moment to think of what we could discover there.

-What do you think it could be, Murphy urges as if he was reading my mind.

-I don't know, I acknowledge. Maybe some stuff. I don't think we would find people, we've been told that the radiations killed everyone. Plus, we haven't stumbled upon anyone.

-Maybe Clarke knows what that means. You know, because of her contacts back on Arkadia.

This girl is getting on my nerves.

-if she knows she better explains herself. Let's go find her.

I quickly put my shoes on, and we step out my tent.

As we walk sharply, I fold the paper and put it in my pocket. It takes us a few minutes to finally spot Clarke, she was back in the dropship.

-You lost something, I remark once I climbed up the ladder to watch her putting the room upside down.

Murphy laughs under his breath.

-What are you doing here Bellamy? She snaps but not looking at me.

I take the paper out of my pocket.

-To ask you about this.

She quickly turns to me and Murphy.