Ballroom

1790
     It was a cold night,I was sitting at the dining table,in the top of it,facing my fiancé who was talking about a ball that was about to take place at a big castle.

    My engagement with this old man was the idea of my deceased parents that died under strange circumstances,and this man was the one who said that my parents last wish was to marry him.

   I didn't love him,he was 30 and I was only 17 at that time,I never kissed nor touched a man before,and my plan is to not give myself away like this.

  Anyway,we accepted the invitation,my fiancé went to chat with various ladies,while I was left alone in the ballroom,facing the balcony,where a tall,brunette man was stading looking in the skies,where the moon was supossed to be shown.

  My intense careless stare was being intrerupted by a blonde man.
-What a beautiful lady we have here.
   I smiled and backed off a little.
-Oh,where are my manners?Such a cliché to say,but I don't think I need introductions.I'm the one who hosted the party,Lestat.Why don't we go somewhere more..private?Don't you say?
   He gently grabbed my hand,when another man grabbed him by the same hand he grabbed me.
-Now why don't you ressume to a single women per night,Lastant?
-It's Lestat,and dear Louis,at least that for you to remember if you can't remember that it's in my nature to have more per night.

  I backed off once again.
-I am not a one night stand.
  Lestat looked at me smirking.
-You could be a week stand,but I don't think you would survive.
-Enough Lestat.
-I'm sorry..I will just..
  When I was about to finish my sentence,a strong hand grabbed me by the arm,it was my "lovely" peacock fiancè.
-What were you doing?!Gone for a moment and you are talking to men?
   He was already smelling like alcohol.I trashed around to have him off of my arm,so I pushed him in the butler,spilling drinks over all his clothes.
-YOU DIRTY SL-
   When he was about to hit me,Louis grabbed his hand.
-You make too much noise.
-And look at all these drinks spilled all over your beautiful clothes..why don't we go and clean them up?Shall we?
   Lestat then was gone with him in the crowd,I didn't see where they went,but I was glad he took him out.

-Thank you so much..
-No problem,and you don't need to know my name.
-But I think I know you.
-You do?
   I was sure I knew him.
-You lived in the village next to mine..condoleances for your family
-It's the wrong person.I don't know what you're talking about..the person you are talking about it's dead.
-Oh..I'm so sorry.
-Now,if you excuse me..
-And I want to apologise one more time for my fiancè.It was my parents last wish,as he said,to marry him.If I could have the chance to have him dead,I would.
-Sometimes,you have to be careful for what you wish.

   His eyes were so sad,almost making myself wonder what story hid behind them.

With that,he hid again in the crowd.After a while looking at the couples dancing,I went outside for some fresh air where I bumped in a little dog.

I loved animals,so I found myself playing with him,dancing with him in my arms hearing the loud piano music from the inside the castle.My attention was caught by a butterly,landing on top of a leafe.

I admired the butterfly.
-So,they can fly at night too.
I put the dog down,that runned right away.
-Oh..perhaps you didin't like my company?
  Another familliar voice spoke.
-Perhaps he didn't liked my presence.
  It was Louis who was looking at me with crossed arms,smiling.Even his smile was sad.
  The butterfly flied away too.
-Him too I guess.
   I smiled in embarassment.
-You saw me acting like a child just one moment ago?
-You were so lively.I enjoyed watching you..
-Oh..
  I lowered my head with a slight blush.
-I saw you with a old lady with two dogs at the ball earlier.
-Oh..nevermind please.
   His face hides something or I was too paranoid.
-By the way,butterflies at night prevent death.
-How unfortunate,I don't think I will die too early.
-I shall better go now..
-You seem a little sad.Is something wrong?I know we never met before,but I would love to help.
-What price will have my regrets anyway?
-You said butterflies prevent death,right?Even if I would want to die,I would still want to fight for something.
-What if you're already dead?
-Is just a feeling.Feelings come and go,but you'll never be alone.
-You would make a great singer.

  I stepped closer to him,giving my hand to him to shake it.
-By the way,sad man,I am Y/N L/N.Even if you said I don't need to know your name,I can guess it's Louis,right?I heard your blonde friend called you that.
  I smiled.He took my hand and instead of shaking it,he kissed it.
-Nice to meet you.

  The night grew older,and I found myself chatting with him until we got in the ballroom where music got a lot deeper.
  We danced in silence for some minutes together,when the blonde man joined us,changing the roles with him.
-What a lovely night,isn't it?
   I smiled,It was a little difficult to talk wih him after his offer to be his "one night stand".
-What a youthful looking lady you have here Louis!Let me guess your age.17?
-Yes,it is.You're 25 by your looks.
-Let's put it by my looks,dear.

   We changed again roles,dancing with Louis.
-And my dear friend right here is 24,by looks of course!
  Louis gives him a look then fixed his gaze at me,and this is where the dance ended.
-It was nice to meet you Louis.
-I'm here too.Remember?Saving you from the 30 man fiancé creep?
-Thank you too Lestat.I wish I would see you again.
-Ah!The sound of the youth,missed lovely times!
  Lestat exclaimed.
-Let's wish we will meet again in a positive content.
  With that phrase,I leaved the men and went home,without my fiancé,wishing he is with some chick and he won't come home.

  Thank you so much for reading!I'm not the best at writing Fanfictions and I hope I didn't massacred the story😭.

   Again,thank you for reading❤