Chapter One:

*I was walking home from school, when I heard the rumble of a familiar car come up behind me. I heard the car door open then shut. I started walking fast when I first heard the car, so I was now running as the footsteps of whoever got out of the car, got closer to me. After running as fast as I could for about five minutes, I felt someone come up behind and grab me. The person seemed familiar although I couldn't place who it was. They wrapped their hands around my shoulders and shook me against them. I immediately knew that it was my dad by the smell of smoke and dirt from his job that wrapped around me.

"Umm, dad what are you doing?!" I asked him, not so kindly as I turned around.

"Oh, I saw you walking so I thought I would give you a ride home... like a good person would, but then you started running so I thought I should give you a scare." He said back all too casually.

"Oh, umm ok."

I was weirded out by the look he was giving me through his eyes. He seemed as if he was hiding something that would later turn into trouble. When we got into the car, he locked it immediately. I looked over to him with a look of question no doubted written on my face, but he didn't seem to notice and just smiled back. After I buckled up, I looked out the window, then to the back of the car when I noticed there were multiple stuffed bags in the seats.

"What's up with the bags?" I asked, breaking the silence.

"Only time will tell, only time will tell." He told me with a small evil looking smirk on his face.

After a few more minutes of driving, I started to realize that we were headed towards the vacant side of town. No-one ever goes to this part of town, all it has is broken down warehouses that were once used. Neither of us had said a word since my last question but, the air in the car was filled with my worry and his tenseness. I wasn't worried since I trusted my dad, but I was curious that something bad was about to happen because I feel like the mood had dropped from happy to trouble.

"What are we doing here?" I asked once the car came to a complete stop in front of an abandoned building. He wasn't answering me, which started to worry me. I feel as if I'm in a scene from a horror movie and I am the one who is about to get killed. My dad has always been sort of off since my sixteenth birthday. I don't know why but, he has seemed to dislike me ever since. I am over it though so, I don't have a clue as to what is going on.

"Get out." Was all he said before he got out and got the bags out of the back.

I hesitantly got out and looked around. My dad came around and harshly grabbed my arm and dragged me towards the building, his once nice and loving demeanor was gone and had been replaced with a wicked and evil one. The air thick with confusion and tension. Once we got to the opening of the building, he opened the door and threw me in.

"OUCH!! Umm... Dad what are we doing here?" I asked once again as I got up, hoping he would finally answer me.

"Oh darling, you didn't really think that I was really taking you home, did you?" He said with an evil smirk on his face along with evil laced through his voice. I stared at him dumbfounded which made him continue. "You have made my life miserable without you even knowing it so, now I will repay you with the same favor." He ended that statement by walking away and slamming the door shut. Once I finally came back to my senses, I ran to the door and started to hit it and shout, hoping that someone could come help me.

"Help! HELP!" "SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!!!!"

I eventually stopped yelling after a few days concluding that no-one could hear me, he took me away and locked me for what I thought was two weeks, he starved me, and sometimes stopped by to beat me. I was drained, I had cried for what felt like years, I had no food in my system, and I had dirt all over my body, I looked pale, skinny, and bruised, I might even have a broken rib. After thinking about all the things that I have been through, I fell asleep which was long awaited. I woke up with a jolt when I heard the sirens during the middle of the night. I heard people banging on the door, but it all started to fade away due to the lack of blood and food in my system. The last thing I could feel is someone coming up to me and embracing me in a tight hug. *

"Help!" I yelled out as I woke up. I started hyperventilating taking in my surroundings with tears streaming down my face.

"Cameron! Cameron! Cameron it's just me calm down, it's time for school." My mom said as she woke me up for the fourth time this week. "Are you okay?"

"Okay, mom I'm fine, it's okay." I told her just like I always did when she woke me up from my nightmares. I had to be ok, there was nothing that could be done about it. It has been one year and a half, I should be okay by now. It's not like I can get anymore justice than what I have already.

"Are you sure you don't want to go back to therapy?" she asked as I started to get up and stretch.

"I'm sure mom, I will be fine. Don't worry." I said back as I always did when she asked me this question.

Today is my first day at my new school. My mother and I used to live in New York, but we moved to West Virginia for a fresh start. We used to be the picture-perfect family. We had a big house, two parents who loved each other dearly who each had well-paying jobs, and a cute, little, innocent daughter (me), but all that ended when I turned sixteen. Now, one and a half years later, I am seventeen, living with my mom in West Virginia and still struggling with my past. Life couldn't get any better! Note the sarcasm.

I now must get up and get ready for a day full of surprises at my new school. After sitting in my comfy bed for a couple more minutes, I eventually roll out of bed and go over to my closet and get my outfit out for the day. I took a shower last night, so I don't have to take one this morning. I change into a black and pink flower shirt, dark ripped jeans, a leather jacket, and my black vans. I go to my makeup vanity and start doing my hair. All I do to my hair is straighten it and then I put some light makeup on. I don't usually put a lot of makeup on, usually just some foundation and mascara. I am not a big fan of makeup nor, am I a big fan or dressing up pretty to impress people, today is the only exception and I didn't really dress up today. I mean who cares what I look like? People see me as a bad-girl with my rebel attitude and dark clothes, but that is far from the truth.

When I am all done up in my room, I get my bag and go downstairs to eat some breakfast. My mom had already gotten me a bowl of cereal and was sitting at the table with her breakfast as well.

"Hey honey. Are you ready for your first day of school?" She asks me.

"Ready as I'll ever be."

Once I was done eating, I told my mom bye and went out to my car to start my first day of senior year at a new school. "Well let's get this year over with." I said as I pulled away.