6

The next morning I woke up dreading what the day would bring. I hadn't spoken a word to Alex since last night and I knew he would be avoiding me today. I was such an idiot. I can't believe that I just kissed him like that without thinking about the consequences. I sighed, accepting the fact that I couldn't go back in time and change what I did, so I should really stop dwelling on it.

I groaned and pushed the blankets off of me and got out of bed. I stretched as my eyes fell upon the window and outside I saw that it was snowing heavily. That meant that I'd probably have to be stuck inside all day with Alex. He'd just be watching TV all day anyway so it'd be easy for me to just fade into the background.

I was hungry at the moment so I decided that I'd go and get something to eat. I walked across the creaky hard wood floor and opened the door just as Alex was about to open it and walk through. We literally bumped into each other and I looked down, seeing that his chest was wet and he had a towel loosely draped around his hips. I gulped, attempting to ignore how attractive he looked and then looked up at his face.

"Oh, I just, uh, I just needed to get some clothes." He said a little awkwardly and pointed to his suitcase which was still in here.

"Right, of course." I said quickly and stepped to the side. He walked past me and my eyes followed him. I was a gay guy and there was an attractive male standing in front of me with water droplets glistening all over his naked upper body, so of course I couldn't help but look.

"No need to check me out." Alex said and I looked up to see him smirking at me, and just like that we were back to normal and any awkwardness because of last night was forgotten.

"I wasn't." I defended immediately.

"Don't worry, I get it. You're gay and I'm sexy as hell. It only makes sense that you're into me." He said. Great, the last thing he needed was an ego boost.

"I'm not into you!" I practically shouted, and that was the truth, I think. I can appreciate an attractive male and not like him in that way.

"Whatever you say." He said in disbelief. He turned around back to his clothes and then dropped his towel, leaving his backside completely naked. My cheeks must have gone a million shades of red as I quickly turned and left the room. God he was such a jerk. Now he's got it into his head that I like him and now he'll never stop teasing me for it, just like in middle school.

I sighed and made my way into the living room, shivering at the change of temperatures, but I guess it wasn't that cold in here. I went into the kitchen and went about making myself some cereal. Alex came out moments later, thankfully dressed now. He came into the kitchen and did the same thing that I had just done. Once again things felt a little awkward, but it wasn't as bad as I thought. He sat down across the table from me and I decided to break the silence.

"So...you're not, like, freaked out that I kissed you?" I asked. He glanced up from his bowl and shook his head.

"No. I mean, I was at first, but I kissed you first...albeit that was to get back at Zack, but I started it and you were caught in the moment. It was just a kiss. It doesn't matter." He said, being very mature about the situation which was unlike him.

"Yeah, it didn't mean anything. It was just a dumb moment." I said.

"Mhm." He mumbled with a spoon full of cereal in his mouth.

"Thanks for that, by the way...the whole thing with Zack." I said.

He shrugged, "It's whatever. I didn't like his attitude."

We didn't talk much after that. As expected Alex situated himself in front of the TV for most of the day and I tried to entertain myself. I watched a little TV with him, had a shower, listened to my iPod and texted my parents to see how they were. Apparently the snow is slowly but surely getting moved but it's difficult because it keeps on snowing, making the end result get delayed. They're hopeful that they'll be back within two days, which evidently was the day that we were supposed to pack our things and head back to Maryland, so really we didn't get much of a holiday. Until then though they're staying with a very nice old couple who own a bed and breakfast in town which they say has been fun, however they're all a little disappointed that they'll be missing Christmas with us, which is tomorrow. I hadn't even realized it had crept up on us so soon.