This is how it starts

Calum Hood. My best friend for 10 years. We're in the back of his van, thumb warring and finishing off the joint we shared.

Third grade. A boy was making fun of my new skechers and haircut. Calum punched him in the face and told me I was pretty so that made us automatic best friends. 

Fourth grade. Calum and I got matching skechers and hung out everyday.

Fifth Grade. Middle school. Calum made friends with guys in middle school.

Sixth grade. Calum punched yet another boy in the face for spreading rumors about me. 

Seventh grade. Calum got a girlfriend. They broke up after 2 weeks.

Eighth grade. Calum and I were ready for high school.

Ninth grade. High school! 

Tenth grade. Calum kissed me.

Eleventh grade. I got a boyfriend.

Twelfth grade. Here we are with our shoes off in the back of his van.

"Are you ever gonna give me that shirt back?" he said, distracting me from our thumb war. 

"What's yours is mine, right?" I said winning the war.

"I guess, but only because it looks so good on you." he chuckles. Our relationship is weird. It's flirty, but we both know it's not going anywhere. We just like to mess around with each other, because we know each other so well. This is our thing. Every Saturday night, we come up to our spot, which is really just a lookout over the small town we call home. We've been doing it for 2 years. This is where he kissed me when we were 16, and the first place we smoked together when we were 17. Now here we are, 18, doing the same things. Maybe not the kissing, my boyfriend wouldn't like that very much. 

My boyfriend doesn't really like Calum very much. Calum isn't the fondest of him either. Every time they're in the same room, you could cut the tension with a knife. 

Calum is my best friend, and Harry is my boyfriend and I don't want to lose either of them.