02 | britney/brittany

I stood at my locker and quickly turned around the second I saw an apologetic Finn Hudson.

"Isabella, wait!" he called.

Damn it.

I turned around and faced him. "What?" I groaned. He motioned to take something out of his backpack, revealing a small paper bag.

"I'm sorry!" Finn exclaimed as he waved the bag of cronuts in front of my face. I could already smell the flavour from where I was standing. "You know you want it," he taunted

I sighed. "You're a terrible person, Finn Hudson," I teased. He smirked at me as he passed the bag over. I gladly snatched it out of his hands and took a huge bite.

"You've got to tell me where you found them," I begged.

Finn smiled. "We had a deal, remember? There's another one coming on Monday morning,"

My eyes went wide. "But I didn't uphold my promise to you!"

Finn shrugged. "Think of it as my sorry to you."

Before we entered the choir room, I was not surprised to find that I had already devoured the two fresh cronuts that Finn had bought me.

I took my regular seat next to Finn in the back as Mr Schuester proceeded to write on the board.

"Alright, we've been asked to perform at the pep assembly!" announced Mr Schue.

The crowd cheered. Even if it was embarrassing performing when we had to recruit, even I had to admit that pep rallies were one of my favourite audiences . We were always cheered on and accepted by the school.

Kurt raised his hand eagerly. "Can we please do Britney!" he pleaded.

Many 'Britney' shouts went throughout the room, I myself even joined in the fun.

Mr Schue shook his head. "We are not doing Britney this week," he concluded.

The entire class groaned in annoyance. Mr Schue just didn't understand what modern music was. Kurt's suggestion to do a Britney week was exciting, and sounded much better than doing another Journey song, or worse, another album from the eighteen hundreds.

"I agree," added a somewhat upset Brittany.

By the look of Santana's face, she was confused and slightly annoyed. "What the heck, Britt?" wondered Santana.

"I am Britney Spears," elaborated Brittany. I scrunched my facial features together, completely and utterly confused. Brittany was definitely not Britney Spears, or she wouldn't be a teenager sitting in a high school glee club. "My name is Brittany S. Pierce, and if you put that together, it's Britney Spears," she continued.

Mr Schue's face of disturbance explained it all. He must've quickly brushed away the look knowing that Britney was his only supporter and his one shot and not falling down the path of being guilted into doing a Britney week.

"Come on, Mr Schue! Can we please do Britney? There's a Facebook page petitioning the glee club to perform her songs," I urged.

Mr Schuester shook his head in denial. "Britney Spears is a bad role model. It is final, we are not doing a Britney week."

The entire class shrugged as Ms. Pillsbury and a well-groomed man who was probably in his late-thirties stepped inside the room.

"Hello everyone, this is my boyfriend, Carl Howell, and he's a dentist that's here today to talk about dental hygiene," awkwardly introduced a flushed Ms. Pillsbury.

The man, Carl, nodded and smiled his insane white teeth widely. "As you guys may know, having clean and hygienic teeth are not only vital for your health and wellbeing, but they are also part of your body; as well as your instrument in the arts careers."