03 | grilled cheesus

I leaned on my locker and stared with emptiness down the packed, narrow hallway.

After the entire episode that had went down the other day at school, Sam had continuously asked tiring questions, like 'what's wrong?' or 'are you going to tell me what happened the other day?'

I was endlessly thankful towards Sam for what he had done the other day. I just wasn't ready to tell him what had happened and why I had begun losing it.

The sound of a slam behind me made me jump. I turned to find a grinning Finn.

"Guess what?" he challenged.

I sighed as I once again leaned my head on the filthy metal locker. "What?"

"I'm back on the football team! Artie too!" he announced. My features lit up with a smile.

"That's amazing!" I spoke enthusiastically. I was extremely happy that Finn was happy, and that Artie could finally have his own shot at getting Tina back.

"Sam's still the quarterback, but I'll get there soon enough," he proposed confidently.
My heart almost bursted out of my chest when I heard Sam's name. All these questions started rushing through my mind. 'Did Finn find out about Chad?' 'Did Sam tell Finn what had happened?'
I hadn't told Finn what happened the other day. He would only get angrier at Chad and end up with a police record.

Instead of showing Finn my panic, I nodded. "You'll get there soon enough,"

"All thanks to God," he whispered to himself. I turned my head to the side in confusion. Since when was Finn ever religious? I asked myself.

"Uh.. s-since always!" stammered Finn. I could already tell that he was up to something, and over the years that we had been best-friends, I had never heard of him saying that he was religious or devoted to a God.

The bell rang and I pulled on Finn's sleeve. "Let's get to glee club,"

Finn nodded and hooked our arms together as we walked towards the choir room, once again sitting in our regular spot at the back.

Before Mr Schue could speak, Finn raised up his hand. "Mr Schue? I have something to say," Our teacher gave Finn a concerned look. "Something happened to me, and I can't really get into it, but it's shaken me to my core,"

My jaw dropped. Today was extremely confusing. In fact, I felt worried and shocked by Finn's actions. Finn hadn't ever acted this strange before, he was definitely lying about something. Not only were his newfound 'religious actions' weird, but the nail picking and shaking he had done this morning made me feel more than positive that something was up.

"Oh my god, he's coming out," Puck pointed out reluctantly.

Finn nodded. "Why yes," What the hell? Throughout our years of friendship, Finn had never, ever, told me that he had taken an interest in men. Rachel shrieked before he continued to speak. "There's a man who's recently come into my life, and... that man is Jesus Christ!"

There were many perplexed faces throughout the room, including my own. At least he didn't lie to me? At least, not completely...

"That's way worse," stated Puck.

Finn ignored Puck's comment. "And I know there's others in this room that dig him, too." I personally had not invested myself in religion, but I also knew that there were a few people that did. A few smiles from Quinn and Mercedes had flashed as Finn spoke. "And so I thought, maybe this week, we could pay tribute to him, in music."

I threw Finn a weird look, and so did others like Santana, Brittany and Kurt. Although some people were invested in religion, I did not want to spend the week singing songs that spoke about them, and I could tell that no one else really wanted to either.