Chapter 4

The rest of the week is finished out and I can't help but want a change.

I want that story-book romance, sipping hot chocolate and watching the last pink daylight face away. Falling asleep together by a fire and all that jazz.

(Monday)

Again my alarm yells at me to get up, but I already know today will be different. "Try Katie, just try" I tell myself. Instead of the usual bun, hoody and jeans I slip on a black maxi skirt and a floral fitting top. I let my natural wavy hair down, layered some rings, and put on some light make up. I stand back and admire my handiwork in the mirror. Damn. I didn't know I had such a girly figure. The skirt flows from my waist to my hips, and the top hugs me in a flattering way. I wiggle my toes into some black flats and make my way upstairs. "Hi mom" I casually say. "Alright" my mom sighs, "who's the boy?" I roll my eyes and jump in the car. I'm driving today, I've had my permit for a couple months. The car seems quite this morning, the only noise is the purring engine. I feel the tension rising and about hallway to school I can't take it anymore. "Alright mom, what is it?"

I shrug. "Honey. I just. I just don't want you to try to hard, its just a boy."

"MOOOMMM, ITS NOT A BOY, I just want to start having a positive outlook. This is for me, not a boy, not my friends, its for me" I yell. Crap, that was to harsh, I didn't mean to yell at her I just want to start trying. Isn't that what she did me to do? Every morning she tells me to be involved and try and make friends. Well that's what I'm doing so why is she so upset? I mean I'm warring nice clothes not selling my soul. "Okay honey... You're right. Just be careful OK"

"Okay"