2 | Carousel

All was dark except for the deteriorating carousel, that was lit by the moonlight, and it stood amongst numerous other abandoned rides.

The park was returning to the Earth: with grass bursting through the gravel pathways and the vines that were taking everything hostage. It was scary and a place that you wouldn't want to go to in the dead of night.

Although, if you peer through the dark, you would see a small figure stood with her head down and her tiny fists covering her watery eyes. A sad tune played from her parted lips, as she grieved for the childhood she never had. Memories upon memories surrounded the empty fairground and bombarded the small girl with their enjoyment and happiness. Only she felt misery and couldn't help but to let the tears escape her.

Then, she felt someone pat her on the arm.

When she raised her head, she saw a boy about her age, and under the moon's light, she could see he was just like her; a vampire. His sharp incisors gleamed in the scant light there was, and his pale skin stood out against the blackness of the night.

For a moment, she forgot about her distress and was delighted to finally meet a fellow vamp that was the same age as her. For years, adult vamps had surrounded her, and that pressured her into being mature beyond her years. She was tired: tired of having to act like something she was not; she was tired of not being able to behave like the child she was, and she was tired of having to constantly obey her elders.

Just for tonight, she wished to forget it all and have fun as a child for once.

So, after the young boy told her his name, she took his hand, and they played on all the rides. Even though they didn't move anymore, they enjoyed using their imagination.

It was fun.

That was until the small girl was ripped away from Jun and was dragged by her father down the path. He scowled at Jun and commanded him to stay away from his daughter.

Jun thought that would be the last time he saw the girl known as Nari; however, destiny led them back to each other years later.

Only this time, it ended in a catastrophe.

A sweet scent took over her senses, and she jolted awake. Using her super speed, she pounced on the 'blood bag' that was planted beside where she had been lying down. Flesh tore easily from the bones, and blood exploded in her mouth, quenching the thirst that lingered there.

She ate until there wasn't even a morsel left, and she had a craving for more. Without a single bite of food in sight, Nari let out a growl that rocked the very room she was in.

She was ravenous, and there was no way for her to satiate it.

Footsteps sounded out, and she realized that someone was drawing closer to the room.

Nari lifted her head, from where it had lain on her folded arms, and saw Jun enter the room. Tears overflowed from her eyes, and turbulent emotions clawed at her chest.

Rushing at him, she flung her arms around him and wept, "Jun! You're alive?! Why did you never come to get me? I've been waiting for so long!" Her deafening cries fell and her questions went unanswered, as Jun pretended like he hadn't heard her.

It killed him to do so, but he had no choice but to push her away, and he did nothing when she dropped to the ground. He also ignored her shocked look when she gawked up at him. Never had she been treated like this by him.

"What's going on?"

After hearing the commotion, the others had come to see what was going on.

After seeing her on the ground, Donghun had helped her stand up, and Jun tried to hide the way he had flinched at seeing another man holding her in his arms - even if it was simply Donghun helping her to her feet.

"Who are you to grab me like that?" He put on as harsh a voice as he could, and he glared down at her. "Don't touch me again!" Then, like he had done the night before, he stormed out of the room.

Everyone stared dumbfounded after him, and they had no clue what to do next.