5 | Leaving Again

"I'm going back."

Junhee released his hold on her, and he looked visibly defeated. Today had gone from bad to worse, and he was finding it hard to keep up with everything that was going on. The noble vamps had injured Donghun, Sehyoon was missing, and now the girl he was trying to protect was going straight back to the lion's den.

Junhee turned away from her and growled, "do you even get what would happen if you go back?"

"I do."

"Even if you're the leader's daughter, you will still be forced into an eternal sleep."

"I know."

"If you know then why are you doing it?!" He whirled back round and clutched her shoulders once more. "You'll be signing your own death sentence, so please help me understand why you're doing this!"

Nari avoided his gaze and stepped away from him. "Since I've been here, you've all been in danger. Donghun was hurt and Sehyoon is nowhere to be found. What if something worse happens to you... to the others? I wouldn't be able to bear it."

"And if anything happens to you I wouldn't be able to bear it." Panic coloured Junhee's words, and tears slid down his cheeks. "I can't lose you, not again. You're so precious to me and if I ever lost you I wouldn't be able to handle it. I need you, we all need you here."

"So please don't go," he pleaded with her, and brought her into his arms. He squeezed her tight, and her arms wrapped themselves about his back.

"Junie, I understand what you're saying but I have to do this." She drew back and spoke up at him, "this is something that I have to do. It's time I started standing up to my father, if I don't there will be further casualties, and more vamps losing their lives. I'll be back soon, I promise."

She eased herself out of his arms and departed from the room before he could stop her.

Junhee fell to his knees, sobs wracking his body, and he pounded the ground in an attempt to let out all the anguish he was feeling. He couldn't let her go... Not like the last time, when everything had turned to chaos, and they were ripped apart from each other.

Time and time again he had promised to himself that he would do everything to keep her safe, but what was he doing now? He was pathetic and was no different from the weak vamp he was back then; someone he had hoped to never be like again.

Jumping to his feet, he ignored the protests coming from his friend's behind him, and went after her. He wasn't going to let her go back to the castle and face whatever was waiting for her alone. If she was leaving again, then so would he.

They were in this together for all of eternity.