Old friends

*meanwhile*

"Hawks! Where are you? You were supposed to be at the press interview an hour ago!"

Endeavor boomed down the phone. This wasn't the first time Hawks had skipped out on essential interviews and conferences, It was becoming increasing irritating for Endeavor to have to babysit the newbie avian hero.

"Chill out Enji, I had something come up last minute and I can't miss it. I'll tell you as soon as I can but I gotta go. Bye!"

With that, Hawks didn't even wait for the no.1 hero to reply before he ended the call on him, god would he regret that later but right now he had something much more important to deal with...you.
Hawks had met with the cremation villain Dabi a number of times now and also worked as a double agent to gather value information but in their last meeting Dabi had let slip that he knew of your whereabouts...this had Hawks' full attention and he made it his first priority to know that you were alive and well but hawks feared that if this information was coming from Dabi that it wasn't good knews.

~later on~

"Meet me on the Horo-Tower rooftop, now."
Hawks' patience was beyond worn thin, Dabi had a natural talent for being a time waster and it really got on the avian hero's last nerve.

"Chill it bird boy you can get your cock wet soon enough, I'll be there in 2."

Before Hawks could retort the villain hung up, he couldn't help the painful twisting in his gut that told him something bad was about to happen but he quickly put it to rest. The last few weeks has been tough on the newbie hero, he really did miss you and couldn't help but worry about your well being.

......

"Ah so you made it then!"

"Course I did chicken wing, now. We have business to attend to."

"Hah it would appear we do, well then. Spit it out."

Working as a double agent came as second nature to Hawks, he wanted the world to be at peace so that his job would be easier and he could rest. If that meant telling a white lie here and there it was worth it in his eyes, especially when those lies revolved around you.

He hadn't seen you since you're accident, he visited you in the hospital while you were still in a medically induced coma but as soon as you woke up you told doctors that you didn't want to see anyone, it even went as far as you discharging yourself early against doctors orders. You felt weak and embarrassed so you chose to hide and lick your wounds, after getting yourself back to full health you were approached to take the under cover job to which you said yes, due to your quirk being limited by your injuries this was the only way you could help without being directly out in the field.

The accident was hard on everyone but Hawks was most affected, after you of course, you had known each other for years and even attended UA together. Even if he was a few years older you still got along great and even fell for each other, the two of you never spoke about your feelings for each other but you didn't have to, it happened naturally and it felt right. You both stole each other's first time and you couldn't have been happier about it.
So after you graduated and joined him out in the field he was over the moon, then you had your accident and shut him out... he hasn't heard your voice in so long, he missed your natural smell of vanilla and chocolate, he missed everything about you.
The way your body reacted to his hands and the way you laughed at his corny jokes, he loved you with every thread of his being.

Your absence was crushing him...

I'm so sorry it's so short guys but the pace is picking up and more action coming soon! I pinky promise!!

Ty for reading!!