Worst of you

I had been walking looking at my phone clock for two minutes, trying to look normal

I had been walking looking at my phone clock for two minutes, trying to look normal. Exactly two minutes later a car pulled up. It was a black Range Rover, which was clearly a lot of money. The windows were all tinted meaning I couldn't see inside, but I hoped it was my brother.

Leone opened the door, jumped out and hugged me.
"You okay?" He asked but before I could reply his phone rang.
"Hello?"
Pause
"I want six men around the perimeter now, find who was following her." And he ended the call.

Don't say goodbye then.

He gently nudged me towards the car and I got in the back. Two guys were in the car as Leo got in the drivers seat. One sat in the passenger side and one next to me in the back.

"This is Landon and Ace," they both smiled at me slightly but didn't say anything as I replied with I a quiet hi, in all honesty a bit shaken that someone was following me and was in my own daze.

God, get a grip hun.

- - -

Leo took me to Eli's house, and gave me a little tour, explaining that this was where I should stay while they found out who the guy following me was. There was four floors and I saw three of them. I wondered for a split second where Eli's room was. However guessed it was on the fourth floor. When I asked about it all I got was a small shrug. "Just business stuff,"

More secrets.

He carried on telling me that this is where the main people in the mafia lived, but assured me that I was completely safe there. For some reason I believed him, even though there was about five huge guys living there that could probably easily kill me and get away with it. Through the passing hours of hanging out with them though, I was quick to learn they were all shockingly friendly. Big teddy bears.

Daniel, Landon, Ace, Louis, Jay, were the guys living in the mansion and I presume were working for Eli. They had all decided to watch 'Friends' with me for the night while Leo finished some work he had to complete.

"Phoebe is definitely my favourite," Jay said chucking me a bag of sweet and salty popcorn.

My favourite.

"I thought you said you'd never watched friends Jay?" Dan said, sniggering at Jays red face.
"What?...I lied it's a classic,"

I was having to stay the night until we could see Eli tomorrow, so we binge watched friends until I eventually fell asleep on the sofa.

I was hoping tomorrow we could find the guy following me so I could go home. I prayed that didn't take too long. The guys seemed lovely and all but I couldn't get over the feeling that I was living with a bunch of criminals and I was a lawyer. How ironic.

- - -

The next day
We were back at the police station to see Eli. I sat back in the same chair with Eli in front of me. I had the case sorted so didn't need to ask him anymore questions, however we needed to sort out the fact I was being followed yesterday. Not that he cared.

"la tua schiena" he's voice was ruff and seemingly unenthusiastic.
("You're back,")

"What does that mean?" I said slightly annoyed that I couldn't understand. Languages had never been my strong suit in school and I just never had the enthusiasm to learn anything other than English.

"mi piace che questo ti dia fastidio" He smirks at me slightly and I huff, crossing my arms.
("I like that this bothers you,")

I definitely need to start learning Italian. He carries on, not explaining what he just said.
"Leo said you were being followed,"

"Yeah, last night," I said shakily letting out a breath.

"Your going to stay at mine until we find who it is," he orders, leaning forward, closer to me.

"I know, Leo already said it's what's best," I smiled tightly.

"Yeah because I told him to," I was shocked for a moment. Why would he want to protect me.

Maybe because your his lawyer, and he doesn't want to go to jail. Duh.

"Why are you protecting me?"

"Because your Leo's brother, he'd kill me if I didn't,"

Oh yeah and there's that.

Why am I disappointed? I don't like him. I don't want him to care about me.

- - -

Really short chapter, sorry 🌸🌸