Falling, Already?

Morning has broken, it is now 8:30 AM. Jeongguk had only slept for 2 hours but surprisingly he was refreshed and ready to start a new day.

He saw that Korin was still sleeping. He hesitated to wake her because she looked so peaceful but they had a deadline to make and they had to be out of the lodge by 9:45.

He tip toed toward the bed. As the sun shown upon her face Jeongguk felt himself falling for her almost instantly.

"She's so beautiful." He said aloud.

At that, Korin stretched and slowly cracked open her eyes. She saw Jeongguk standing over her...

"Oh, good morning." She said as she yawned.

"Good morning. I walked over to wake you but you looked so peaceful I hated the thought of disturbing you."

"Nah, it's cool. What time is it?"

"Umm, about 8:40."

"8:40?! Ah crap! We've gotta hurry!" Korin quickly jumps out of bed and into the bathroom.

"Well we have to be out of here by 9:45 so you're making good time!" Jeongguk yelled to her from the lounge area of the room.

"Okay! Great! Let me brush my teeth and wash my face. I'll be right out."

"Don't forget to change your clothes. Well, I mean only if you want to." He says with a playful smirk.

Korin lets out a nervous laugh then grabs her clothes and heads back into the bathroom to wash up.

Jeongguk checks his bags to make sure he has everything he needs and left nothing behind. He placed Korin's bags on the bed so she doesn't forget either of them.

He takes a seat on the couch and checks his phone. He sends a few texts to his friends and family letting them know that all was well. He even mentioned Korin to his mother and father.

Korin appears from the bathroom nice and refreshed. She packs her PJ's and grooming kit and made sure she had all her belongings.

"Oh, I found my wallet last night!" She said.

"That's great! How come you didn't let the concierge know? I mean, uh, not that I'm complaining. I liked you here."

"Well, I just figured it was too late and I was ready starting to settle anyway."

He smiled, "In that case, thanks for staying with me. Now let's blow this joint."

He opens the door and waits in the doorway for Korin.

She walks over, takes one last look around the room then walks out with her bags in hand.

They catch the elevator and run into some of the other fellow train passengers.

On their flight down they chat amongst themselves about their night, how they slept and how eager they are for the train exploration.

Down in the lobby, another concierge awaits to retrieve their keys and bid them safe travels.

"Thank you for staying at Seesaw Lodge. It's been an absolute pleasure. Have a safe trip!"

They all wait outside for their bus transport to arrive and carry them over to Amtrak to begin their journey.

After their 10 minutes wait, the bus pulled up and the driver helped them all pack their bags and gear onto the cargo hold below the bus.

Everyone stepped on one by one. Jeongguk was behind Korin. He stood at least 6 inches over her. He felt like her guardian. Then again, he felt that way with anyone who was shorter than him. But with her it was different.

She had a vunerability about her and he sensed that in some way she needed to be protected.

He was even more sure that he was falling for her... and falling hard.