Divorce Is Final

Later that night after checking into the hotel and getting some rest, Korin decided to send Robbie a text to let him know that she was in town and that she'd meet him tomorrow and to name the place of where they'd get the papers signed.

She didn't bother with getting her own lawyer. She decided to represent herself if they couldn't agree on anything.

Her phone buzzed a few minutes later...

Reply:

"We can meet at the mediators office downtown next to the Omni Hotel. Around 9:30 tomorrow morning on the 10th floor of the commercial building if that's okay with you?"

She messaged him back saying that that's fine. It was actually convenient because she was literally right across the street staying at the Hilton.

Jeongguk rolled over in the bed and glanced at her trying to focus his eyes. She was sitting on the side of the bed with her head down sobbing silently.

He sat up and wrapped his arms around her from behind.

"It's okay baby. It'll all be over soon. Don't cry. I hate seeing you so sad."

She turned toward him wrapping her arms around his waist while burying her head in his shoulder.

"Thank you for coming with me Jeongguk. I guess I needed you after all." She said through the tears.

"You're welcome. Did you talk to him yet?"

"Yes. That's who I just finished texting with."

"Oh okay. What did he say?"

"He told me where and what time to meet him. And no, I want you to stay here. You can't come with me. Okay? Promise me."

Jeongguk had the urge to try to convince her otherwise but he agreed that maybe he should sit this one out.

"Okay. I promise." He said.

"Good. Anyway, all of a sudden I'm starving." She looked up at Jeongguk with a sly smirk.

He does a double take then stared at her. "What?" He asked.

She climbed onto the bed causing him to lean back onto the pillows and gave him a kiss.

"Oh! That's what you meant. You wanna make out!" He said sarcastically as he laughed then reached over to shut off the lamp.

The next morning, Korin jumped up from bed and hurried into the bathroom to wash up and get dressed. It was 8:35 AM, she almost overslept.

Without waking Jeongguk, who slept peacefully, she left him a note letting him know that she'd gone to sign the papers and that she'd be back soon.

She grabbed her purse off the chair and left.

As stated before, the office was right across the street so she made good time-- only 10 minutes early.

She was both nervous and excited. Nervous because she wasn't sure what her life was going to be like once the divorce was finalized and excited because she was finally going to be free of him.

She checked the directory for the mediators office, which was located on the 5th floor (not the 10th as Robbie had mentioned in the text) then caught the elevator.

The butterflies intensified in her stomach.

"The nightmare is almost over." She thought.

Once she made it to the 5th floor, she stepped off the elevator and walked down the hallway completely confused. Every office looked the same and she couldn't locate the suite numbers.