Chapter 7

The school day ended and the group of teens once again made their way to Jason's house. "My parents are home early, I let them know I was having company but they don't know you so be sure to introduce yourself." Jason directed at Silva. "Of course, just because I plan on destroying you guys doesn't mean I'm ill mannered." Silva responded while walking a bit ahead of the group. From a different perspective it looked as if he was leading them into battle.

The group reached Jason's house, surprisingly Jason was in the back of the group so they had to wait for him to get to the door. He unlocked the door and the others began to funnel inside "Do you guys want any snacks? We could grab something quick to eat while we're down here." Jason suggested. Everyone nodded in agreement and header toward the kitchen, in the kitchen sat Jason's mother.

"Hi everyone, welcome home, Jason." His mother gave the teens a warm welcome. "Hello, I'm Silva. It's very nice to meet you miss-"

"Alice." Jason's mom finished, "It's nice to meet you as well. Jason told me you guys were coming over so I made snacks!" She exclaimed!while walking toward the oven, opening it and pulling out a fresh batch of chocolate chip cookies.

"It looks like you all came just in time." She stated while placing the cookies on a plate.
"Thanks mom, I appreciate it." Jason said while walking over to his mother and giving her a side hug. "Yea thanks so much Ms. Alice." Cara said while walking toward the two. "Cara it's so good to see you again, how are you?" Alice asked happy to see her son's girlfriend.

"I'm doing well, we just stopped by so Jason can lose at another game of mortal Kombat. I hope we aren't a bother." Cara stated while helping Alice make some hot chocolate. "No not at all, I'm glad to see Jason has such good friends. You kids be sure to have fun." Alice told them with a warm smile.

The teens began walking up the stairs each person carrying a mug of hot chocolate, except for Huston who carried two, with Etha at the back of the group holding the plate of cookies. They made it to Jason's room and set all the items down "So we could play first then eat or vice versa." Jason suggested, "I for one don't want my things to get cold so I vote for eating first." He continued.

"Nah we can play first. I'll be sure to kill you quickly so you'll be able to enjoy the warmth of your food." Silva said in a cocky tone as he grabbed both controllers and tossed one at Jason. "You down?" Silva asked while thinking about what character he was going to use to crush Jason "All right, but I'll be sure to laugh when I win and your food is cold."
Jason said opening the game and choosing his character.

The game started and Silva, being a man of his word, let out a full barrage of attacks giving Jason no time to dodge let alone properly block. The game was over in thirty seconds flat and when Silva returned to his food it was still warm as promised "Do you need to warm up your coco Jason?" Silva asked before taking a sip of his own "No, it's perfectly fine." Jason responded in a defeated tone.

The others looked at Jason before Rockell bursted into laughter, holding her sides and nearly crying this caused the others to laugh and soon everyone was on the floor dying. All except Jason of course, who was still bitter and was having a hard time holding back his laughter, letting a chuckle slip here and there. "Hey man, don't worry, I didn't cheat. I'm just that good." Silva said while letting his black lightning dance across his finger tips, sending some very mixed signals.