Chapter Eight

"

You think you're any different from me, or your friends, or this tree? If you listen hard enough, you can hear every living thing breathing together. You can feel everything growing. We are all living together, even if most folks don't act like it. We all have the same roots, and we are all branches of the same tree.

- Huu, Avatar the Last Airbender

"

::

3rd Person POV

Naruto knew Uchiha Obito to be many things.

A murderer, a mass manipulator, a deranged psychopath, a damned bastard, a catalyst, and a flurry of other words that would have certainly made a sailor blush, but it was the cold, hard truth that Naruto stood by.

He stood alongside Uchiha Madara with an army of White Zetsus to control. He burned down hundreds of villages, destroyed countries upon countries, and took the lives of innocents all for some sick, twisted plan of "peace."

But, as Naruto peered up at the man before him who stood in front of him while dryly picking at his ear, he couldn't help but let out a shaky gasp.

"Y–You!" Naruto exclaimed, jumping up onto his feet. He pointed a shaky finger towards Obito as his eyes began to take in his figure.

Clad in a Konohagakure issued vest and a standard village headband, Naruto felt uneasiness begin to stir within his gut. For, as his cerulean blue eyes dared to stare at his scar free face, a set of obsidian eyes bore right back into his own.

Naruto felt his heart stop.

The said man grunted quietly under his breath, confused as to why the same kid that hit him with a rock, was now pointing at him. Obito was never great with kids, but now they hated him too? For no reason?!

"Me?" Obito muttered under his breath quietly, pointing a finger at himself now. He was confused, slightly uncomfortable as well due to the pointing, but mainly confused.

The Uchiha knew who the kid in front of him was, he Uzumaki Naruto, the brat. He was the child of his old teacher after all, and he could only assume with a heavy heart that his personality was just like his mother's— fiery and evil.

"Yeah— you! You're getting in the way of my training!" Naruto barked out, the heart he thought to had stopped, was hammering loudly within his ears. His mind was a mess as his thoughts began to swirl out of control.

Why is Obito here? This isn't right. Why does he have two eyes? This isn't right. Why does he have no scarring? This isn't right. Why is he a shinobi of the village? This isn't right. This isn't right. This isn't right. This isn't right. This isn't right.

tHIs isN'T rIGhT—

"Training... with rocks?" Obito questioned slowly, not sure of what was rolling off of his own tongue. Naruto nodded his head quickly to the question, moving his hand to point towards the tree behind Obito.

"That tree," Naruto started, gulping before continuing, "was my practicing board, but then.. you.. got in the way."

Obito silently looked away from the kid and slowly looked towards the tree behind him. He noticed the tiny dents within the tree and he mused silently to himself on how his aim wasn't so bad after all. Obito had to admit, the kid had some talent, but something about what the kid said to him had rubbed him the wrong way.