Chapter 7 - Rekindled

Chapter Keyword: Kindle

Meaning:
1. set (something) on fire.
2. arouse or inspire (an emotion or feeling).
3. (of an emotion) be aroused.

A backdrop of luminous white was all Kole saw when he opened his eyes. It was all he could see no matter where he turned his eyes upon.

A voice suddenly called out to him;
"It's alright kid. You're safe here."

"Huh. Wh-where am I?"

And finally, a hand extended towards Kole from the reaches of the white emptiness. Behind it was the silhouette of a boy.

"From now on we're brothers. That means we'll always look out for each other, no matter what. Forever."

This time around he could recognise the voice which spoke.

"Ren is that you?!" called out as he hastily grasped the silhouette's hand.

The silhouette that shrouded the character cleared, revealing a boy with neck length raven black hair that covered his youthful face and sky blue eyes that seemed so innocent and full of will smiling at Kole.

Silently, Kole watched as a younger version of himself clasped hands with the boy.

"Brothers! No matter what happens!" his younger self responded.

Kole looked on speechless and nostalgic.

"Kole! Kole! Wake up!" a voice echoed all around him.

"Huh. Who is this?"

The two young boys turned to face him and uttered in concord;
"Wake up! Wake up!"

Rudely awakened Kole lifted his upper body from the grass. Only to meet eye to eye with Nachetanya, his class president.

"Uhhh. It was a dream?" he mumbled.

"It's drizzling out here! You could catch a cold!" she advised.

Kole put his left arm out and watched the drizzle droplets swish on his palm.

"Come on let's go before the weather becomes severe," she instructed him.

"Thank you! But I got somewhere to be..."

"You realise that a few minutes ago you were asleep..." she chuckled.

"Yeah. Thanks for waking me up!" Kole shouted as he dashed away.

"At least take the umbrella!"

"No problem. I don't need it." Kole replied.

"No, you aren't Kole. I am not allowing any cold outbreak in my class!" she yelled as she trotted behind him with an umbrella in her hand to shield them from the inevitable rain.

"Well, your choice," he responded.

"So where are we going?"

"To help a friend." Kole vaguely answered.

"Okay. But next time I'm leaving you to venture in the rain!" she shrugged as she grasped his arm.

------------------------------

"I've come to settle this just like I said I would, Kaz ... so we can settle this!" Ren roared as he smacked his fists together.

"Oh! I thought you wouldn't make it!" Kaz taunted.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world!" Ren answered.