remember

Max POV

I was in the middle of my everyday morning routine when I noticed sky, she was running through the woods. Her body was drenched with a red substance that ran from her head to her toe.

I opened my mouth and called out to her which caused her to become startled, she immediately stump her toe on a stone and fell flat on her tummy.

"Oh shit!" I yelled running over to see if she was hurt.

"Are you okay?" I asked as soon as I got close to her.

"No damn thanks to you." She replied while glaring at me."so, are you going to help me up or should I just lay here the entire day." She grumpily shouted at me.

I smiled at her face expression before pulling her up from the ground.

"Sky there's something I wanted to ask you." I told her while my knees shook nervously.

She replied by rolling her eyes in annoyance."listen if you have something to talk to me about just stop by my house later or tomorrow but, I've got no time to talk now." She told me.

"Okay I'll see you later then." I replied.

"Yeah whatever." She told me before turning around and running off into the dark woods.

I stared at her as she ran on through the woods, her tall hair that was now stained red bounced up and down as she retreated to her home.

"Hey nerd heads up." A voice booms from behind me, breaking my gaze. I turned around to see a ball flying directly towards my face, I couldn't do anything to stop it as it connected my face.

I fell to the ground backwards while a sharp pain ran through my spin.

"What the hell!" I shouted in pain while looking up. It was Justin, he stood there laughing as my back ached with pain.

"I saw you." He spoke while bending down beside me.

"Saw me do what?" I asked with a slightly confused look on my face.

He smiled then stood back up with the ball held firm under his arm.

"If you want to play that game then let's play it." He spoke before turning around and walking away.

I shook my head before standing up and walking away also.

Natalie's POV

I don't know how I got here all I could remember was being attacked by someone while I was waiting on sky to get home. I couldn't recall how it all happened but I do know that the person who tried to kill me was without a doubt someone I knew and to top it all off I knew for a fact that he attended the same school as me.

I sat up on the clear white bed with the sheet wrapped around me and needles stretched from machines into my hands.

I was told that if it hadn't been for that taxi driver I would have been six feet under by now.

"Miss Willis." A voice booms from the doorway interrupting my thoughts. I glanced over to see a lady dressed in a black jeans and a white blouse looking at me. She walked inside while holding a bouquet of flowers in her hand.

"I'm sorry to be bothering you at this time." She spoke with a delightful smile on her face before handing me the flowers.

"It's no trouble at all." I told her while staring into her face.

She smiled once more before dragging a chair that was beside the bed and sat down, she then crosses her legs before pulling a note book and a pen from her pocket.

"I'm detective O'Reilly and I'm here to ask you some questions about what happened to you." She spoke.

I looked at her then down at my wrinkled fingers before answering her question.

" I don't know who did this to me and I don't even remember being attacked." I told her before laying back down.

She slowly placed her feet back on the floor before standing up.

"Thank you for your time." She spoke once more before exiting the room.

I roll my eyes before dragging the sheet over my head.

"Miss Willis." A voice suddenly echoes over my head causing me to quickly remove the sheet.

"What is it no-?" I shouted before looking up.

I immediately went silent when I saw that it wasn't the detective but instead one of the nurse accompanied by a doctor.

She held a tray of pills in her hand while the doctor held a note book.

"We're sorry to bother you but it's time for your daily check up, we need to know if you can be discharged today." The doctor spoke before lifting up my hand to check my heart beat.

He then stop and began to write something into the notebook that he was holding.

"Good news miss Willis, you seem to be well enough to go home." He smiled before potting me on the shoulder.

"I'll have the nurse bring in your clothes and your other items." He spoke before exiting the room with the nurse following close behind him.

I was a bit nervous and scared at the same time. I wasn't afraid of being in the hospital but, I was afraid of leaving.

I feared being attacked again, I always hated life. At some point I even tried commiting suicide but, now after that near death experience I started viewing things from a different level of perspective.

If only I could remember who it was that attacked me I would be able to rest, better yet I wouldn't be feeling this fear that haunts me.

"I just want to remember!" I screamed while tears ran down my cheeks.

I never once feared death so, why do feel this this way. Why do I feel as if I've found a reason to live. If only I could remember, even if it's just a clue.

I want to remember...