Eight Cups

I'm back with the eight chapter, still haven't decide on rather longer or more chapters.
Maybe in the end, I'll just have more, longer chapters, lol.
Guess that poll didn't matter, in the end.
Do you guys like angst? (just a curiosity of mine.)
Let's jump into it!

.*+.*.

Jeongin reached his front door that was blasting out noises. He punched in the number and slowly opened the door, hoping he wasn't interrupting anything. When he walked in the door, he saw Minho strangling Hyunjin who had plopped onto the couch with his hair still wet.

Minho stopped what he was doing, but his hands are still on Hyunjin's neck.

"Welcome home, Jeongin, go take a shower and freshen up," Minho said sweetly to Jeongin then turn back to Hyunjin finishing what he started. Hyunjin's eyes were begging for help as he looked at Jeongin.

"I'M GOING TO CHOKE YOU, HYUNJIN!"

Jeongin placed the bag with the cake on the counter in the kitchen. He reached for Minho's shoulder and pulled him away from Hyunjin.

"Hyung, you are killing Hyunjin-hyung, stop it," Jeongin whined as he tried to pull Minho off of Hyunjin.

"That's the point," Minho said as he let go of Hyunjin's neck and jumped off of his body.

"What happened anyways?" Jeongin asked as he skipped to the kitchen to make a cup of coffee.

The two boys also made their way to the kitchen where Jeongin was.

"Something happened doing the walk back home, and the cake became smooshed," Minho pointed at the crumbled cakes as he glared at Hyunjin who was trying hold back a laugh.

"And what made these precious cakes get smooshed like that," Jeongin finished brewing his cup of coffee and brought it over to where the boys were.

Hyunjin opened his mouth, but no words came out because Minho have already covered Hyunjin's mouth with his hand. Jeongin have a questioning look to both of the boys but didn't interrogate any further.

"Jeongin, it smells good, what kind of coffee is it?" Hyunjin asked while making his way to Jeongin.

"It's a secret recipe that I made!" Jeongin excited said since he loved coffee and took much pride in his brews.

Hyunjin pouted while placing both of his hand on his jaw making a flower shape.

"I'll tell you next time, Jinnie-hyung," Jeongin smiled as he gave a slight hug to the older.

This made Hyunjin hella flustered, turning red in the face, making him fall deeper for the younger. He didn't know which made him red as a tomato, the nickname or the smile.

Jeongin reached for a fork from the cabinet and opened up the new cake his boss made. His face brighten up seeing how beautiful it was; it was a peach cake filled with cream.

But his face darken after realizing it was peach flavored, and his thoughts went wild again.

Did Woojin-hyung make this for Chan?
Chan loves peach flavored food. When we had a summer special of a peach smoothie, Chan always ordered it with a cup of coffee.
Does Woojin-hyung likes Chan?
Does Chan likes Woojin-hyung?
I'm sure he does.
He owns the coffee shop, and I'm just a worker at the shop.
His frequent visits to the shop is probably because of Woojin-hyung.

His brain was running wild with questions and excuses on why Chan wouldn't like him, and Jeongin didn't realized that Hyunjin was calling his name and waving his hand in front of his face when his face darken.

Hyunjin noticed that something was wrong. Jeongin's eyes were welling up with water, and Hyunjin realized that the boy was about to cry. Hyunjin began to panic. He didn't want the once excited boy to start crying. Hyunjin quickly went behind Jeongin and wrapped his arms around Jeongin's waist, forgetting about Minho's existence.

Minho went back to the couch when Hyunjin and Jeongin began to talk about the coffee. He trusted Hyunjin and even if he went after his younger brother, it was all with good intentions. Minho saw how Hyunjin's eyes would sparkle and his mouth will curl up to a smile when watching his younger brother or just by the mention of his name.

Jeongin snapped out of his thoughts after feeling a warmth around his waist and back. He looked down to his waist and saw a pair of arm wrapped around it.
He turned back and saw Hyunjin head on his shoulder. He slightly jumped, and Hyunjin released his arms, hoping he didn't scare the boy.

"Um, I was calling your name, and you didn't answer me. Plus you look like you were about to cry, so I hugged you to get your attention," Hyunjin rumbled on, looking down at his socks, avoiding eye contact with the younger. Seriously hoping he didn't cross any lines.

Jeongin pulled Hyunjin into a hug after seeing Hyunjin's state of emotions. Jeongin didn't want anybody to be sad because of him.

"Thank you, Jinnie-hyung, I really needed a hug," Jeongin replied as he sniffled.

Hyunjin's face lighted up with happiness as he felt the younger's arms around him. He hugged him back and gave a tight squeeze, hoping Jeongin's realized that he was there if he needed him.

.*+.*.

This is such a Hyunin chapter.
This book is about to turn into a Hyunin instead, lol.
Don't worry, it's still a Jeongchan fanfiction!
But I do love Hyunjin and Jeongin too.
This is me sprinkling all the skz ships. 🧂
Minho and Jeongin has two cats in the story.
Thank you for reading!