1

{Taehyung's POV}                                                                                                                                                                       "I'm leaving now!" I yelled, loud enough for my grandma whose hearing has deteriorated throughout the years. "Ok. Please don't get into too much trouble, it's only the first day." She replied in a stern yet concerned tone. I know she's worried about me but I'm in too deep. Often I feel guilty for putting her through so much stress. She's constantly anxious, not knowing if I'll be home the next day. I love my grandma and it makes me feel really bad. With that on my mind I make sure to be really kind and gentle to her and clean up, plus I often pay for my own expenses. "Alright, I'll see you..." That's all I say as I leave. My sentence always ends like that, open ended. She's learned to accept that and just have faith that I'll be back.

    I live in a pretty modest neighborhood, which is different from my previous dreary living conditions

    I live in a pretty modest neighborhood, which is different from my previous dreary living conditions. My home is close to my school and many of my friends live around here. We usually walk to school together, if you even attend. " 'Sup Kook. I'm surprised you're  not with Miyeon right now." I stated teasing him. "Nah, I couldn't walk with her 'cause her cousin just moved here and is going to our school, so she wants to walk with him." Jungkook explained dismissing my taunting comment. "What grade is he in?" I asked guessing that he was probably a freshman. "He's in our grade." Jungkook replied. "Mmm." I hummed in acknowledgment.                 As Jungkook and I approached the campus, I felt the anxiety in the pit of my stomach rile up. "I hate this. I regret not smoking before coming here." I divulged to Jungkook who was trudging through the crowd. "I agree, first lets find the boys then we can get high." He responded. Pulling out my phone, I quickly text the group chat.                                                                                                                                                             {Bangtan Boys GC: Suga, RM, J-hope, JK, V, SKJin}

                                                                           Me: Kook and I are at the front of the school. Where y'all at?

    RM: I'm with Hobi and Jin hyung.

                                                                                                                                          Me: But where?

   J-hope: Where're in the cafeteria for breakfast. 

                                                                                                                                          Me: 👌

   Suga: I'll be running a bit late, so wait for me.

                                                                                                                                          Me: naw

   SKJin: Don't listen to him Yoongi, I'll make sure we all wait for you.

   Suga: thanks Jinnie                                          

   SKJin: No problem  

   JK: Can you two stop flirting?

   SKJin: eww💀😷

    Suga: Chill, if anything I want Hobi 😏

    J-hope: 😳

     "Namjoon, Jin and Hobi are in the cafeteria." I informed, "Ok." Walking through the entrance, we entered into the main cafeteria. Almost immediately I saw Hoseok's fluffly,red hair. Once we reached their table, we were greeted by Hoseok. "Hey Tae, hey Kook.", "Wassup guys." Jungkook greeted back, show casing his bunny grin. I acknowledged them with a quick smile. "Yoongi needs to hurry up, breakfast is over in 10 minutes." Jin complained. Weren't you the one who said that you'll make sure that we'll wait for him?" I questioned, amused by Jin's hypocrisy. "Listen, I'm just tired-" Jin began to explain but was cut off by Jungkook's girlfriend rushing up to us. She had a broad grin on her face. "Hey guys! I'm sorry for being so late. My cousin just moved to Seoul from Busan and he's gonna be going to school with us. So, expect him to hang around a lot." She explained, panting from a loss of air. Behind her was her cousin. He looked a few inches shorter than me and seemed to have a slim body. His hair is dark brown and his skin is lightly tanned. I observed his facial features noticing the innocence in his eyes and his full, pink lips. I notice how his cheeks are slightly chubby and pink. He's pretty but I would never openly admit that. Jungkook went by her side giving her a quick peck on the lips.          " What's your name?" Jin asked the quiet boy. "Um, my name is Jimin. What's yours?" His voice was soft and kind of high pitched. "My name is SeokJin and this is Namjoon, Hoseok, Jungkook, and Taehyung. We have another friend named Yoongi but he's late." Jin introduced all of us, pointing at who was who. I sat back and watched as Miyeon, Jimin, Hoseok, Jin, and Namjoon engaged in a conversation. They were most likely bombarding the poor boy with a ton of questions. While watching them silently, I felt a presence next to me. "So, the new kid..." They spoke. I identified the voice as Jungkook. Without facing him I responded, "What about him?" "He's cute huh?" He added, eyeing my expression. Still I remained emotionless, "And? What does that have to do with me?" "Well, you were staring him down." He rebutted smugly. "I'm not gay." I retorted, anger boiling in my chest. "Calm down, I was just making an observation." Jungkook said defending himself. "Tsk, whatever." I tsked. "Guys, I made it. And I have the stuff  !" An exhausted Yoongi exclaimed, making his way to our group. "About damn time." Jungkook stated, glaring at the platinum blonde. "Listen there's a reason why I was late, but the important thing is I made it." Yoongi snapped back, rolling his eyes. "Namjoon, Jin, Hobi, come on." I shouted loud enough to peek the attention of the small group. While waiting for them to come, I felt someone's eyes burning holes in my head. Turning, I see Jimin scanning my face. His eyes looked like a deer caught in a headlight once he noticed that I caught him. His shock soon disappeared and in place was a friendly smile. He was so cute and innocent but I wasn't gonna trap myself. Instead I gave him a cold glare and walked away, not turning back to see his reaction. " "Bye babe, bye Jimin." Jungkook said, pecking Miyeon's cheek and waving at her and Jimin. I nodded at them as my way of saying goodbye.