Part Four

"I'm sorry, but no way, Dylan O' Brien beats Ryan Gosling any day!" Meg laughed, throwing popcorn at her and falling back onto the bed, turning her head to look at the screen where Ryan Gosling approached Rachel McAdams on the Ferris Wheel, grunting with the effort of holding onto the bar with only one hand. "And besides, we need to talk about how fundamentally wrong this whole scene is. I mean, pressuring a girl to go out with you by threatening to kill yourself? That's not romantic, that's harassment. Ari, tell me you wouldn't rather go out with this guy!"

Ariadne laughed, throwing her head back and suddenly thinking of Vico. "You know, Vico said something really similar to that the other day." Meg rolled her eyes, crawling forward on her hands and knees to move closer to the other girl. "It's always, 'Vico this, Vico that'. Why don't you two just get together already, and save us all?" Her friend giggled, and mimed throwing up. "Come on, Meg. We're just friends. You know that."

Meg nodded, with a sarcastic 'mhmm', before proceeding to look at the screen again. She rested her head in Ari's lap, chuckling "Ariadne" to get on the other girl's nerves. She'd always hated her name. Ariadne. It sounded so dated, so old. And she'd read the Greek mythology. Ariadne was the girl who got played for a fool. The one who fell in love, went against her father to help the one she loved, was then abandoned, and ended up marrying Dionysus, the Greek God of partying. She hated that. She'd never be the one who got played for a fool. Ever. 

She'd make sure of that.