Chapter Three : Trapped

After calming down Yuri and getting ahold of his emotions, Misaki and Yuri continued on their way to Kiel, the capital.

It was the next day. It was warm and sunny at first, then it began pouring like cats and dogs. Yuri pulled an overhead awning above them to prevent them from getting soaked.

Misaki admired the rain and reached out to touch it. But all she got was water in her face.

Yuri gave out a slight laugh and smiled happily. He had felt so much better after telling Misaki about his curse. Now all he could do was hope she didn't leave him like everyone else did. And Most importantly, make sure he never touches her with his bare hands.

They got closer and closer to tell city and soon, it was right before them.

"Wow!" Misaki yelled as she stood up in the cart looked all around her. The buildings were all neatly decorated and designed. In the far north, laid the majestic Castle of Kiel.

Yuri smirked. "If you think this is cool, wait till I pass through the gate."

Misaki was anxious to know what the suprise was.

Once they entered the town, the weather instantly cleared up.

Misaki stood slack jawed. "Woah..."

"The weather here is always sunny. The mages in the castle make sure of it with their tomes."

"Mages? Tomes?" Misaki questioned Yuri.

"You lost your memories, so you wouldn't know. This world is filled with many different people. Mages, Merchants, Wizards, Mercenaries, and many more. We all possess some kind of ability."

"That's astounding!" She raved.

Yuri agreed. "Yup! Some are good, like the weather magic! But...some are bad... They are called cursed users."

Misaki had enough intelligence to form the conclusion he was a cursed user. So, of course, she asked.

"Are you a cursed user, Yuri?"

He frowned. "Yes.."

Misaki looked down. "Sorry... I shouldn't have brought that up."

He smiled his usual smile. The one used to hid his depression. "Don't worry about it, Misaki."

She knew he wasn't okay, but Yuri would break down if they spoke about the issue again, so she pushed it off.

They kept riding through town while Misaki sat waving her legs with enthusiasm. She was simply so enamored with the world. But the thought would hit her once in awhile.

Who was I? Why did I lose all my feelings and emotions? I don't understand.

Misaki felt like she was a burden to Yuri sometimes, like when she didn't know common concepts. But she couldn't help it...she didn't remember anything.

"...saki~? Misaki??" Yuri called.

Misaki shook out of her thoughts. "O-Oh! I'm sorry, I was thinking!"

Yuri snickered. "Now look who's been caught with her head in the clouds."

Misaki pouted. "Yeah yeah."

"Anyway," he said, "I want to stop by a local tavern, if that's okay with you."

Misaki giggled. "That's absolutely okay! What are we going to do there?"

Yuri faced up into the sky. "There's...somebody I want to see."

"Really? Well let's go!" Misaki cheered.