Chapter Two : Kindness and Sorrow

The two had made it to Yuri's caravan safely, being silent along the way. All that was heard was Misaki's humming.

Yuri couldn't stop thinking about her. His lily. How she was so similar to Misaki. But at the same time he wanted to burn the lily because it was that that took his love away from him.

But his love wasn't a lover or wife. It was the woman who gave birth to him. Created him. Protected him.

His mother. She was the picture of perfection.

She had long, platinum hair with rose pink tips. Her eyes were as blue as the Caribbean. Yuri loved his father and especially his mother. They were the only things he had.

"..uri? Yuri..?" Misaki called.

Yuri blinked a few times. "S-Sorry, sorry! I was... thinking about something." He put on a brave smile and got into the cart. "Come on, let's go!"

Misaki was befuddled. "Where are we going, Yuri?"

Yuri giggled. "To the capital, Kiel. It's where I'm stationed at the moment. Like I said, I'm a merchant. More specific, a traveling merchant."

Misaki nodded. "Oh, okay." She got onto the cart with Yuri and sat down inspecting it.

Yuri was concerned. "Uh, Misaki, have you never seen a cart before?" he laughed nervously.

"No, I haven't." she replied.

"Oh, you really haven't. Well, this cart isn't going to hurt, I promise." he joked.

Misaki understood his joke, knowing happiness. She laughed along with him feeling ecstatic.

"Off we go!" Yuri declared and flicked the reins tied to the horse.

They rode over the hill and into a flowery wonderland. Just beyond that field was Kiel. The city glimmered in the shinning sunlight, illuminating everything surrounding it.

Misaki was amazed by the sights as they rode through forests, past streams, over bridges, and saw wildlife.

She really did lose everything... Yuri thought to himself.

Yuri couldn't help how much she reminded him of his mother. He wanted to help Misaki badly, but he was afraid to hurt her like his mother and father. He would not have that happen again.

"Misaki?" Yuri questioned.

"Yes?" She replied with sparkling eyes from the landscapes she discovered.

He hesitated.

Will she react like the others...? She doesn't remember anything, so hopefully not...

"There's something you must know to ensure your safety." he commanded.

Misaki tilted her head. "What is it? Are you alright?" she asked concerned for him.

I have to tell her. I must. Or she'll end up like them...

Yuri stopped the caravan on the side of the road. He sighed heavily, as if he were debating something.

He then put his hands out.

Misaki was confused. "Your hands will ensure my safety?"

Yuri shook his head. "No, what's on my hands will."

She looked at his hands again. Then she realized. He was wearing black, thick layered gloves.

"Your gloves?"

"...yes. As long as my gloves are on, you are safe."

Misaki laughed a little.

Yuri protested. "Hey, what's so funny, missy?!"