death by dumb

Annie's pov

Annie hates loud people, always has always will. There is no point for anyone to just be loud, it's obnoxious. She avoids loud people at all cost, but it seems like fate is testing her today

" heeeyyyyyy bitttchhh~!" reiner's obnoxiously loud voice pulls annie from her thoughts. She yanks out her earbuds and sighs loudly.

" do you always have to be this fucking annoying?" annie glowers glaring at reiner's stupid head sticking out of his trucks window. He grins large and wide and honks the horn with both hands two times.

" only for you babe~!" reiner sings. Annie stops about one foot away from his car, glares at him harder and contemplates wether she should punch him or just turn around and go home. Her thinking is cut short when a tall figure moves behind reiner and peeks his head out of the backseat window.

" um..guys just so you know we have ten minutes before we have to be at school.." the shy giant of a man, bertholdt, spoke hesitantly holding up his phone as proof that indeed they had ten minutes. Annie rolled her eyes before hopping into the passenger seat putting her feet up on the dash and lighting another cigarette.

" hey! Feet off the dash you little gremlin!" reiner tried to shoo Annie's feet off but it was a useless effort, annie just scoffed.

"If you ever call me short again I'll break your knees so bad that you'll have to walk backwards" annie snapped ice hanging off of every word. Her death glare did little to phase reiner he just smiled brightly, put his truck in reverse and headed down the street towards their school, rose high.

" I'll give you a pass today for the attitude, because you did drink alot." reiner smiles but shifts in his seat so he can see annie threw the corner of his eye. He lets out a low sigh before turning serious.

" did something happen with your father?" reiner questions, his tone more serious then she likes. Annie sits there for a minute, breathing in her chemicals and exhaling them out while she stares at the world zooming past. Bert from the backseat squirms in his seat alittle uncomfortable with the sudden shift in tone.

" no..i just wanted to get shitfaced." annie lies threw her teeth and gives reiner a assuring look that she hopes looks Nice and not bitchy. With the way reiner tightens his grip on the steering wheel she can tell he doesn't believe her.

" im just a five minute drive away annie if you ever need help." reiner looks away from the road for a second and locks eyes with her sympathy, protectiveness, and white hot anger stored there in his golden brown eyes . He was there when everything went down with her mother, when her dad gave up on being there for her and when she was going threw her hand to hand combat "training". He was there, and well bert was too but he never really could help.

" no one could have helped.." she thought bitterly, as she glared out at the blur of trees and houses. She sighed, thinking back to last night when her father grabbed her, she would never admit it but...she was terrified. The look of absolute disgust and anger in his eyes made her stiffen up.  Annie shook her head, trying to get those dark brown eyes out of her head.

" if i ever need help I'll call." annie gave reiner a little genuine smile, it wasn't a full lie she would totally call reiner for help but just not help with her life. Maybe with math, she sucks at math.  Reiner seemed to relax at that hands unclenching from the steering wheel slightly. He looks at the review mirror and smirks.

" hey berty!!" reiner shouts, smirking wider when bertholdt squeaked and dropped his phone. Annie gazes back out the window acting like she's not paying attention to them. Bertholdt fumbles with his phone trying to keep it steady.