eleven.

It was early on the Sunday morning, New York City seemed to be asleep. But since the city never slept, there were always people awake. Even at eight in the morning, on a Sunday.

Devon was one of those who were awake and the girl had a plan.

She quickly made her way out of the elevator, after all those times she had taken it to the twenty seventh floor, it still scared her. It was insane how a metal box could take her so high up

She carefully unlocked the door of Eleanor's apartment with the key she had once been given. The key was for emergency only, but Devon did not care about that.

She closed the door behind her, making sure not to let it slam. With quiet footsteps, she walked to the kitchen. As she opened the kitchen door, her eyes fell on a familiar looking friend.

'Samuel, you and I have the same idea,' Devon whispered, scaring her taller friend.

'The hell, Dev. You scared me.' Samuel turned around with a horrified expression. 'You know, after that movie, everything scares me.'

'That movie was like a week ago,' Devon exclaimed. 'Wait, that's not true. Thursday I think. I don't know.'

'Yeah, me neither. But Dev, did you want to bake pancakes for the whole Williams household, including the three lovely British bandmates?'

'Uh, yeah. I couldn't sleep and since we were going to play laser tag today, I decided to crash here,' Devon explained.

'Wow bitch, me too,' Samuel chuckled. 'Shall we make pancakes?'

'Oh, we shall. But not without the music,' Devon smirked. 'You know, we've done this before. Sneaking into each other house to bake something.'

Samuel nodded as he connected his phone to the speakers that were installed in the kitchen.

'Oh, this is The Summer Set. You're hitting the right playlist,' Devon said as Happy for You started to play.

And while Samuel actually baked the pancakes, Devon said on the table singing alone to the music.

'I'd give away all my money for you. Give up my watch and my car keys too. But here at the bottom of the bottle. I got nothing left to lose. I could stay for one more drink. I could go home with the next girl I meet. But I'm watching him while he's touching you. And there's nothing I can do. Guess I'm happy for you,' Devon sung while she jumped of the table and danced through the kitchen.

But their surprise plan to bake pancakes for the family of their best friend was quickly ruined as the fire alarm went off.

Quick and heavy footsteps came running towards the kitchen and the door flew open.

Peter Williams stood in the doorstep, watching Samuel trying to take out of the fire alarm and Devon dancing through the kitchen.

'Jasmine! Honey, it's nothing. Just our favorite duo messing up the kitchen,' Peter shouted as Samuel finally had silenced the alarm.

'Good morning, Peter. Do you want a freshly baked pancake?'

'Dad, is there a fire?'

'No, El. It's just Devon and Samuel baking pancakes at eight in the morning,' Peter replied.

'What's going on, Eleanor?'

'Your almost girlfriend and my best friend are baking pancakes, Blake. Go look for yourself,' Eleanor scoffed and dissapeared.

'Devon?'

Blake appeared next to Peter in the doorstep of the kitchen. Blake was shirtless and the sudden sight of it took Devon's breath away. She had seen Blake shirtless before, so she wasn't used to it.
His brown hair was a mess and his eyes were sleepy. It made him look hot, causing Devon to blush.