twelve.

The sun was shining bright over New York City. Even though there was a lot of shadow created by the high skyscrapers, it was still warm.

There weren't any clouds to be seen, pigeons and other birds flew through the clear blue sky.

It gave a happy and peaceful feeling. Sure, New York City was super crowded, but days like this caused for inner peace, for no stress.

And that's what Devon Baudry needed right now. No stress and remaining calm. Because, if the girl would freak out, she would freak out good.

The days where she was supposed to leave the city to go to Scotland weren't her favorite days. Of course, Devon was happy to go back to her home country, but every little thing could cause her to lose her shit.

'Yuki, can you help? I can't think straight anymore,' Devon yelled and let herself fall down on her bed.

'What's wrong, my dearest friend?' Yuki came walking into the room and looked around. It wasn't the mess Yuki was expecting, but when she saw her friend laying on her bed, she knew the mess was inside Devon instead of in her room.

'Everything. I don't want to leave New York. It's only for three weeks and everyone is going away from the city. But I hate the day of departure,' Devon blurted out.

'When is your flight?'

'Ten PM. So I have to be at the airport at seven.'

'And you have everything packed?'

'Yes.'

'Come on, Dev. I am taking you to Eleanor's apartment. You can go there and be sad. You are not going to be sad alone, here in your crappy dorm,' Yuki said. 'And by the way. Don't worry about your relationship with Blake. It will be alright.'

'Thanks, Yuki. What would I be without you?'

'A desperate mess.'

'Sup, my favorite people in the world. I've gathered you here, because Yuki said so,' Devon said as she stood on the couch. 'I had a whole speech, but I can't say it out loud. I would cry if I did. So here is the short version. I love you all.'

'Geez, you are so dramatic. You're only going away for three weeks,' Eleanor said. 'Where did the "I see everything as something positive" Devon go?'

'She died together with my virginity. Oh wait, we shouldn't talk about that,' Devon sputtered. 'Forget what I said.'

'What happened?'

'Mabel happened.'

Blake decided not to all any questions and hugged the girl tightly. His girl.

It was hard to understand that he wasn't single anymore, it hadn't completely sink in yet, but it was worth the wait.

'Before everyone goes their own way, we should play twister,' Samuel said as he picked up the box. 'What? I feel like playing twister and ending up breaking all my bones.'

'I forgot he was there,' Reeve admitted quietly and chuckled. 'Sorry mate for forgetting you.'

'It's alright, everyone seems to forget me. I don't know why, because I am the most awesome person in each place where I go,' Samuel said and rolled his eyes.

'Samuel, New York Times called. They wanted their bullshit back,' Eleanor replied and everyone laughed loudly at her comeback.